Ensign
# 1 Klingon Play
04-30-2013, 06:31 PM
Is it me or does the KDF play kinda feel lack luster? I'm new to the game and I've been following the Legacy of Romulus stuff and it seems like a lot of work has gone into really making the Romulun faction feel like it's a new experience. However aside from a different set of ships the missions and the play of the KDF doesn't feel like a unique experince to me.

Does anyone else feel the same way?
Empire Veteran
# 2
04-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Nope, love my Klingon experience. Who wouldn't like playing space vikings....oh right the higher the thou portion of the Fed player base that makes Twilight fans seem sane. Not saying all Fed players are like that but there does seem to be a large number of them.
"We are the United Federation of Planets and we come in peace....unless you have something we want, or refuse to join us, then you have no choice."
Better dead then Fed!
Empire Veteran
# 3
04-30-2013, 07:01 PM
Well it is still the same KDF as always but with more comming in May it'll get better.
Though the missions we have are very nice once you get to endgame its all the same grind.

Thats why we need some KDF themed STFs that all can play.

Otherwise I love me some KDF.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Ensign
# 4
04-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Well I'm not too far into the KDF experience, but what I've played so far just felt kinda the same as the Feds. I love my Orion character I just wanted to make sure that it will be a different play experience than playing the Fed's.

Though new costume options would be nice.
Career Officer
# 5
05-01-2013, 03:25 AM
New costumes for sure... When there is a choice of only 3 tops for a female toon, it's rather limiting.. no off-duty and so on.

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Empire Veteran
# 6
05-01-2013, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshirtthefirst View Post
New costumes for sure... When there is a choice of only 3 tops for a female toon, it's rather limiting.. no off-duty and so on.
Its only the PvE content we are getting to complete our low level play. We still need things lile costume packs, KDF kits (like saurian and targ handling) and other monetary shinnies.

My joy comes in the low level content. Im hoping it makes the first timers enjoy playing the KDF so we have less players like the OP asking where the story is?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Lieutenant
# 7
05-01-2013, 07:13 AM
The reason why the kdf experience doesn't feel unique to you is because an alarming number of kdf missions are just the same missions you played as a Fed with just a few changes. Some of that so called new content coming to the kdf in May will be more rehashed fed missions.
Never Forget 5/21
Commander
# 8
05-01-2013, 11:31 AM
You know faction based music would go along way towards making the factions feel different. As it is right now, most KDF low level missions are cut and paste from Fed missions. Music is the same and the only difference is the ship you fly around it. To make matters worse, the incessant need for smokey haze on every bridge and in the exchange is contributing to poor vision among KDF diehard players.
Career Officer
# 9
05-03-2013, 10:50 AM
I think one of the big reasons they have not added much to the c-store is because they see the disparity between the fed population and the kdf population. They will get more bang for the buck putting out more and more fed stuff than they would with kdf stuff. However, even though the numbers are very skewed in the fed's favor, I have seen a lot of kdf players, more than what I think is led on in the forums and such. It's no where near the fed numbers, but there are more kdf than what is being said.

I would love to see more costume packs and ships for us, we really need that kinda stuff. Also, missions and stfs that are designed by the company with a distinct klingon/kdf flair to them, not just copy paste from feds.

I think they realize that they need to flesh out the kdf experience more, and it is my hope that we see more and more kdf styled content coming out, if only in the form of costumes and ships. There aren't a whole lot of ships that were seen that were kdf, I mean you saw a lot of bops and the occaisional battle cruiser. Watching the shows, they all look almost identical, so it's really hard to find already established cannon ships, unless you are delving into works created by authors that are considered cannon.

Maybe Cryptic should survey the kdf population and find out what we really want, then work to implement some of it. For me, the foundry has really helped me in regards to kdf content, but there is only so much of it available, we need Cryptic to step in and really work on some kdf content, whether it's missions, ships, costumes, or stfs.
Career Officer
# 10
05-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Its only the PvE content we are getting to complete our low level play. We still need things lile costume packs, KDF kits (like saurian and targ handling) and other monetary shinnies.

My joy comes in the low level content. Im hoping it makes the first timers enjoy playing the KDF so we have less players like the OP asking where the story is?
I will agree to that... Hope this new story path from lvl 1 will bring in new blood into the red side. From there, I can hope for these costumes.

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)