Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
I know that this is probably not the right section, but please do not move it. Here's my reason why. This problem ONLY arises during PvP.

The visual effects in the game are currently off the charts insane. Half the time I cannot see anything on the screens except for blinding, graphic-card overloading, epilepsy-inducing flashes all over the place.

It just does not feel like Star Trek anymore.

Besides that over that past while migraines have started to develop regularly after I have played thereby cutting the time I can play without walking away from it in physical discomfort.

Please can you not tone down the effects with some kind alpha blending, gradient or transparency? I am not a games graphics designer, but there must be some way to improve on the current glare.
Empire Veteran
# 2
03-17-2013, 04:06 AM
great point. star trek always had a minimalistic look. 1 beam shot at a time, 1 set of dual cannons only, the sky not full of tiny strike craft. at least curently theres a fun factor, but what ever would make it more trek, would automatically make it more fun to me
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 3
03-17-2013, 04:24 AM
Like a cat that got into a box of crayons and puked them up on your monitor...is how bad it can get, eh?

There was a mixed carrier Fedball in Ker'rat the other day. Elite Scorps, Fermion, Scattering, TS Hypers, Mines, Theta, EWP, GW, TR...and yeah - like a cat that got into a box of crayons...
I'm just another poster on the forums with my own ideas and opinions.

Career Officer
# 4
03-17-2013, 05:08 AM
Most games have options to turn all that crap down/ off manually. Is STO lacking in even that basic a feature?
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Captain
# 5
03-17-2013, 05:14 AM
They should improve and fix effects like ewp and theta, most of times i can't see them until i'm in -.-
With all possible graphic presets...
| CSI - Confederazione Stellare Italiana | @NandoPC |
Career Officer
# 6
03-17-2013, 05:50 AM
Graphic settings and monitor color saturation should take care of the color pukestorm methinks....

Former member of the Cryptic Friends & Family testing team. Sadly it simply vanished one day.
Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan
(member #124)
Career Officer
# 7
03-17-2013, 07:01 AM
I love the chaos. The game needs a better UI though.
Captain
# 8
03-17-2013, 07:47 AM
Thanks to all of the Plasma love recently, I slow down dramatically a lot now with 15 Plasma procs and some EWP to go with it.
Devs would like a concise list of things that are broken and not working currently, so here's a short list for PvP: Neutronic Torpedoes, Ionic Turbulence, Surgical Strikes (including Faeht firing through cloak), PartGen stacking and CrtH being boosted to absurd levels.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-17-2013, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantrainor View Post
Most games have options to turn all that crap down/ off manually. Is STO lacking in even that basic a feature?
You can turn a lot of it down. There's nothing to be done about all the space junk NPCs floating around in a typical match though. Often it's pretty hard to see a player through all of it.
Empire Veteran
# 10
03-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Yeah, some toning down would be very good.
Plasma burns all the time, feedbackpulse flashes, antiproton sweeps etc etc all stacking on you and you can't even see your own ship anymore.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.