Captain
# 1 Taking a Little Break
08-03-2013, 11:22 AM
So I know no one really cares if any one person goes on a hiatus. I just wanted to express that I am completely exhausted with rep grinds on my 4 toons. Managed to cap a few to tier IV / V but rounding out the rest to at least tier IV is way too much. PvP is a spam fest infested by P2W (and I started down that path too). Add in the endless bugs and it is too much of a bother.

Too many missions to grind, ECs and NOW expertise. Add on top of that failed mechanics like Crystalline Elite which routinely goes south when someone lacks Tachyon or Tykens and it is too much.

If I could log in for 1 - 1.5 hours and do 3 - 4 rep missions daily and accumulate a few K dilithium then I could manage it. Not possible with current mechanics.

Maybe if they decide to release another chunk of new content for season 8 then it might be worth it. Best of luck to all my fellow captains!
Career Officer
# 2
08-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Can I have your....

wait, nevermind.
Captain
# 3
08-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
Can I have your....

wait, nevermind.
BWAHAHAHA!!!

But seriously, to the OP,. go ahead, take a break. I frequently take a few days break from STO as needed. Or I log in and just don't worry about the grind and just have fun. Foundry mission and RP are great for breaking up the grind, as are a few silly PVP matches with mates (We are now working on hosting a monthly Fight Club style Ground PvP Where you use your kits, just not your weapons.)
Republic Veteran
# 4
08-03-2013, 12:52 PM
When I get burned out on my mains, I just switch to an alt. The new Romulan stuff is pretty good, and I'm going to roll a new KDF character soon. Played a bit of the new KDF tutorial when it was on Tribble, and it rocks.
____
Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
Captain
# 5
08-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
So I know no one really cares....
at least you got that out of the way.

did you say something ?
Career Officer
# 6
08-03-2013, 01:05 PM
I like to take naps.

Vice Admiral Juda USS Manxman, Vice Admiral Hessed USS Shalom, Vice Admiral S'Motis RRW Sparrow, Vice Admiral Kadosh USS Yisrael, Vice Admiral Sh'ma USS Shalome, Lt Gen Rerrr IKS K'Rok
Super Moderator
# 7
08-03-2013, 03:13 PM
I think all of us know that sooner or later we all got to take a little break Obviously your characters will still be here waiting for you when you want to return.

However, like with all other quit posts which turn into "Gimmie yer stuffz" or what have you, I will need to close this one down.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Closed Thread