Starfleet Veteran
Hy!

Since Legacy of Romulus was announced, 1 thing puzzles me.

We play a Romulan Faction. Thats nice. I wont play it - but still I like the idea. However, does that mean that we play the Romulans that allied themselves with the Iconians? If we now play the pawn of the bad guys, how will this work out for the game itself? I mean when we one day fight the Iconians, will the Romulans will be free then? Will we fight (lore wise) the romulans too? If they are free, what happens to New Romulus?

Tbh, with the announcement of Legacy of Romulus, I see now the New Romulus faction as a mistake story wise. Having 2 Romulan "Factions" + the Vulcans on Federation side is somekind of mess. And we then habe the above mentioned lore problem with the Iconians.

Just for info: Don't annoy me about some spelling mistakes. I am from Austria, so English is not my primary language. I try my best. Please respect this!
Commander
# 2
03-27-2013, 02:51 AM
We will play the version of the Romulan Faction that can use the largest number of currently in game missions and resources without having to necessarily do any missions that are Federation exclusive but being able to do all of the featured episode content.

So, the Romulan Faction will probably be an "iconian free" fragment with a part of the empire still under Tal'Shiar/Iconian control.
Captain
# 3
03-27-2013, 03:10 AM
Tons of assumptions that might or might not be what will actually happen. Wait and see.
Republic Veteran
# 4
03-27-2013, 03:15 AM
My assumption is that the RSE and Tal'Shiar are being manipulated by the Iconians. As the player, you obviously want no part of this, but also don't want to go sit on New Romulus and sing kumbaya with D'Tan's faction. You want to free your people from the grip of the Iconians and restore your people's glory.
____
STO community Doom-O-Meter: ||||||||| >> WARNING <<
Captain
# 5
03-27-2013, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcademaster View Post
Tons of assumptions that might or might not be what will actually happen. Wait and see.
Propably the best idea.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.