Commander
# 1 Gorn racial request
03-26-2013, 09:05 PM
I've been pondering about making a Gorn character for awhile, as I don't have a ground-oriented tactical captain on the Klingon faction.

I'm hoping that with supposed renewed interest in making the KDF a fully fledged faction, we might get a little work done on the current races. One way to make the Gorn a bit more interesting would be to give them a racial ability to throw boulders, like their NPC counterparts do.

Oh the fun I'd have in PvP with something like that, even if it locks me into an animation for four seconds as I rip a chunk out of the floor.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
03-26-2013, 09:07 PM
every other races needs the ability to throw a small rock.. the gorn then picks up a bigger rock and throws it back.

+1
Career Officer
# 3
03-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radkip View Post
I've been pondering about making a Gorn character for awhile, as I don't have a ground-oriented tactical captain on the Klingon faction.

I'm hoping that with supposed renewed interest in making the KDF a fully fledged faction, we might get a little work done on the current races. One way to make the Gorn a bit more interesting would be to give them a racial ability to throw boulders, like their NPC counterparts do.

Oh the fun I'd have in PvP with something like that, even if it locks me into an animation for four seconds as I rip a chunk out of the floor.
Um, so how is that supposed to work on spaceships?
Captain
# 4
03-26-2013, 10:01 PM
Champions online has a power called Earth flight. When you activate it, it pulls a chunk of ground up and lets you fly on it. The nice bit is that the chunk mimics what ever ground (mostly not always) you're standing on, like grass vs concrete. It could work like that so ground mimics ground, but metal looks like a chunk of deck or even a grav plate.
Captain
# 5
03-26-2013, 10:03 PM
It rips a chunk out of the deck. they could make an object that looks generic enough that it could be seen as metallic debris on the ground or a chunk of metal on a ship.
It would be even better if the Gorn could pick up his opponent and throw him.

Last edited by maxvitor; 03-26-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Captain
# 6
03-26-2013, 10:11 PM
honestly I like my Gorn with his abnormally small disruptor. I am not sure he needs to be ripping up ships and chucking it around. Besides, I would think the ship engineers would really not be happy with that. Might effect the poor Gorn's promotion chances.
Captain
# 7
03-26-2013, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
honestly I like my Gorn with his abnormally small disruptor. I am not sure he needs to be ripping up ships and chucking it around. Besides, I would think the ship engineers would really not be happy with that. Might effect the poor Gorn's promotion chances.
He's working for Klingons, it's perfectly legal for him to kill anyone that gets in the way of his promotion.
Commander
# 8
03-26-2013, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
Um, so how is that supposed to work on spaceships?
The same way it works when a Gorn rips up a piece of space station flooring in an exploration mission: It'd still look like a giant brown rock that shatters on impact, so it'd be a bit of an immersion breaker, but this game isn't exactly the most immersive experience, especially during the fast paced action of ground combat.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403