Lt. Commander
# 101
01-21-2010, 04:52 AM
As a case reference I received my pre-order key from Amazon (US) less than 36 hours after ordering without any hassle.
Lt. Commander
# 102
01-21-2010, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkarall
Anyone know anything about Steam, I got the Deluxe edition got my Key enter it in and Account says Preorder. Been playing Open Beta. Question I have is will steam give me another key for the headstart/live servers.

Thanks
as I understand it. The preorder beta key also gets you into headstart
Lt. Commander
# 103
01-21-2010, 05:56 AM
i read many posts, at 1/4 everything was clear but now so confused.

i have a beta key, from a gamesite, so can try the game. Hope 2-3 days will be enough for decide i want play or wont. I dont play any game what monthly pay, so i go for lifetime subscription, or skip the whole thing.

so, if i decide buy:
- i have to buy (least) a digital pre-order, right?
- I get the pre-order key, but looks like there r some shops, who dont give key, so that would be big waste for me. (actually it means i late the lifetime, so never will play this game)
- need new account or can i activate the pre-order key, even if i have openbeta key from other source?
- and where can i buy the lifetime subscription? Cant find in any shop, so guess only on STO site.
- Isnt there a whole package from STO?

If anyone answer me about the good process, or advice some shops (no need to put into post cause advertising xD ), thats so much welcomed. UK prefered, but guess realy not important.

How fast Can i process theese fast? I want buy a digital edition, so need to wait postal time (or do i?)
I dont want late the deadline, but dont want buy before play some hours.....
Lt. Commander
# 104
01-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondon
i read many posts, at 1/4 everything was clear but now so confused.

i have a beta key, from a gamesite, so can try the game. Hope 2-3 days will be enough for decide i want play or wont. I dont play any game what monthly pay, so i go for lifetime subscription, or skip the whole thing.

so, if i decide buy:
- i have to buy (least) a digital pre-order, right?
- I get the pre-order key, but looks like there r some shops, who dont give key, so that would be big waste for me. (actually it means i late the lifetime, so never will play this game)
- need new account or can i activate the pre-order key, even if i have openbeta key from other source?
- and where can i buy the lifetime subscription? Cant find in any shop, so guess only on STO site.
- Isnt there a whole package from STO?

If anyone answer me about the good process, or advice some shops (no need to put into post cause advertising xD ), thats so much welcomed. UK prefered, but guess realy not important.

How fast Can i process theese fast? I want buy a digital edition, so need to wait postal time (or do i?)
I dont want late the deadline, but dont want buy before play some hours.....
Once you decide on buying the game then you can add your pre-order key to your exsisting account. Once that is added the Lifetime subscription page on STOsite has a buy now option that becomes visible, on beta key the option will just appear grey to you. Wasn't very clear to me either but eventually got it fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 105
01-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shael1792 View Post
I placed my preorder on January 13th, 2010 at 9am. I got my key at 2:55am on January 15th, 2010.

The address on my email with the key came from "store-news@amazon.com".
Thanks, I don't suppose there was a name at the bottom of your email. My emails have had the CSR's name at the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shael1792 View Post
Is there a problem with your account with them? That's really the only reason I could suggest that they might refuse to send you your key. Have you cancelled a lot of purchases or is there a problem with your payment? I've been a customer of Amazon.com for over 15 years, I've never had a problem, but I've also not cancelled orders frequently or caused them to think I'm a bad customer.

Shael
Nope, I can't remember the last thing I returned, and I certainly ordered enough stuff over Christmas. All the say is that the beta promotion is over due to "manufacturers restrictions" and point me to their preorder page. I mentioned both times that there are people here and on their own discussion forums that have been given key's after the cut-off, but they haven't bothered looking. That's why I'm hoping that, by giving the name of the person who sent your key my email might be sent through to someone who knows what's going on.

I'm not actually too bothered about the beta as I'm sharing an account with my brother at the moment, but obviously we'll need separate accounts ready for the headstart
Lt. Commander
# 106 preorder problems sorted.
01-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dctrekkie View Post
Thanks, I don't suppose there was a name at the bottom of your email. My emails have had the CSR's name at the bottom.

Nope, I can't remember the last thing I returned, and I certainly ordered enough stuff over Christmas. All the say is that the beta promotion is over due to "manufacturers restrictions" and point me to their preorder page. I mentioned both times that there are people here and on their own discussion forums that have been given key's after the cut-off, but they haven't bothered looking. That's why I'm hoping that, by giving the name of the person who sent your key my email might be sent through to someone who knows what's going on.

I'm not actually too bothered about the beta as I'm sharing an account with my brother at the moment, but obviously we'll need separate accounts ready for the headstart

If you have preordered from amazon or anyone else for that matter and dont recieve your preorder key, then contact cryptic directly at preordersto@crypticstudios.com tell them exactly what has happened and include your Star Trek Online Username and the email account that you used to register Star Trek Online along with your order number from which ever retailer you preordered from and they will be able to help.

After all my troubles with amazon, Cryptic Customer Service have sorted all my problems, my account now has full preorder/headstart access as well as being able to access the 1yr/lifetime subscription offers.

Cryptic Studios Customer Service actually seem to care about thier customers, which is a lot more than i can say for amazon, after this i doubt i'll ever buy from amazon again.
Lt. Commander
# 107
01-21-2010, 12:13 PM
I placed an order with Amazon.co.uk on the 17th (couldn't do it sooner for various reasons) and received nothing but a receipt of my order. Today I sent them an email about where my keys were...

Their reply was that they only gave out keys to people who ordered before the 7th, and while I since got a key from Zam I am not sure if I can get on the head start or the lifetime subscription deal, even though I have a pre-order.
Lt. Commander
# 108 i have not recieved my key ,
01-21-2010, 03:45 PM
please send it to rain-tech@hotmail.com thank you flynt
Lt. Commander
# 109
01-21-2010, 04:27 PM
i pre orderd from Amazon.co.uk on the 10th and i have put a Ticket in 4 days ago and no response
Lt. Commander
# 110
01-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_IndigoFyre
You could just toss the pre-order key on your existing account. It wont hurt you, and it will give you the head start.
Hi ! I may a similar issue, in fact, the special subscription are still greyed for me, event when logged on my account.

My account has the "preorder" flag, but it seems it's in fact a "closed" beta flag, and I can't use my "real" preorder key I got from DLgamer, as when I use it, I get "this account already has a preorder key" message, in red.

I made a ticket, and E-mail billing, but I got no answer (which is understandable at such a busy time ), and since the first of february is coming close, have you heard of anything like that ?