Lt. Commander
# 11
01-13-2010, 06:34 PM
I pre-ordered the Special Edition from Ebgames (Canada) and they didn't get any keys in.. They said to wait till the end of the week, but I was wondering if I could get a key before that? Or should I just wait it out?
Lt. Commander
# 12 Steam Purchase
01-13-2010, 07:03 PM
I purchased the Deluxe edition from steam not 20 minutes ago, It directed me to the STO website to activate my key, I activated the key and they next page I cliked the box for agree to service blah blah thing and then I had an error page. I hit back and tried to use the key, it failed saying key has already been activated. I checked 'My Account' and I have no active keys!?! Please help, I really want to play the open beta and don't want to wait for it to go live!
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-13-2010, 07:05 PM
I Pre-ordered STO from Direct 2 Drive earlier today ( I have been downloading the client)

Here is a cut and paste from the email I recieved:

Thank you for pre-ordering Star Trek Online! Please go to http://www.startrekonline.com/betacard and follow the listed instructions to be able to redeem your beta key to guarantee your access to the Star Trek Online Open Beta.

Please note: Open Beta will begin January 12, 2010 at 10AM PST and End January 26th 2010 (subject to change). Check back on the Star Trek Online website for updates the Open Beta.

The Pre-Order key is unique to your purchase. Please do not share this information!
Your Pre-Order key is: ****************************((((removed from this cut & paste ))

The above key will also enable early access to Star Trek Online when the game goes live as well as the Open Beta.

~~~~~~~~

I put the key that was given into my account.

As far as I can tell, I only have "head start" access. Logging onto the game responds by saying "You cannot log onto the server at this time"

What is going on??
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-13-2010, 10:58 PM
well, i have yet to get any of my keys from amazon.co.uk, if i don't get any of them before the headstart begins, i will NEVER be buying from them again and i buy ALOT from them, they might shutdown without my money. lol
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-13-2010, 11:38 PM
just bought the game from direct 2 drive and i am getting.

Account issue please contact billing support.

very strange.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-14-2010, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieK81
well, i have yet to get any of my keys from amazon.co.uk, if i don't get any of them before the headstart begins, i will NEVER be buying from them again and i buy ALOT from them, they might shutdown without my money. lol
I have just emailed Amazon customer support stating where are the codes, I will reply with the response I get here, I did take the liberty of linking to this forum so hopefully the drone in customer support will have a brain cell enough to be able to read this!

Harc
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-14-2010, 03:16 AM
Argh!!!!!!!!! I'm so ****ed off right now. I pre-ordered and prepaid the game with Gamestop in Norway (Collectors edition), and I won't get a key That's f'ing unfair!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-14-2010, 04:57 AM
I preordered the Collector's Edition from GameStop here in California. I received no phone call or email saying they received a preorder key. Help please.
Lt. Commander
# 19 Amazon stiffing UK customers
01-14-2010, 05:08 AM
Amazon.co.uk's response is as below:

Quote:
Please note that the Pre-orders made before midnight on Thursday the 7th of January 2010 will receive the "Borg Bridge Officer code"and the "beta access/headstart code" and Pre-orders made after Friday the 8th of January 2010 will receive the "Borg Bridge Officer code" only.

Hence in this case "Borg Bridge Officer Code" will be sent over the day before and the day that the game releases.

So we have no option to find or provide a "beta access/headstart code" (free access code) for this order, please understand our concern in this regard.
This means if you've ordered prior to Thursday 7th contact Amazon and they will give you a code, but for people like me I'm now stuck between Cryptic's statement "All pre-orders are valid" and Amazon's "tuff" statements, I've no raised this to Cryptic to see what they say, I don't expect anything helpful from them as this is Amazon doing a "stiff the client" move...

Apparently after some further chasing:

Quote:
Amazon.co.uk have said they are out of beta keys for the Gold edition
Can someone shed some light, seem's very strange considering that certain sites were giving out free keys the other day that a main supplier has a limited number and can't get anymore...

Harc
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-14-2010, 05:31 AM
I preordered from atari store the deluxe edition and i didnt receive any key i sent email to atari store support and cryptic preorder email and i got no news!
please help me cryptic im lost!