Captain
borg cubes trying to get close enough to let the drones walk onto your ship could be with a change to make it less annoying & unbelievable.

i guess this may be intended to prevent 'parking', but it doesn't do this thanks to reverse impulse on most(if not all) player ships being faster than a cube.
so to stop this annoying behavior that makes no sense i suggest that the borg should stop trying to close on targets if they are within 4.5 km.

the borg shied neutraliser is another borg power that, although does its job, is rather cheap in its current form.
my suggestion here is to make this a two stage power similar to a cross between the breen energy dissipater & energy syphon, but against shields.

FIRST STAGE,
an unguided, though still 'launched' aoe power 6km diameter % based attack that at center causes:
-50% to shield cap for 15~30 second duration (cleared by HE)
-15% p/sec drain to remaining shield hp

SECOND STAGE,
basically just energy syphon, but draining shields based on a multiplier on their regeneration rate. breakable by going out of range.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
05-01-2013, 02:09 AM
hmm..while i agree that they tend to hunt down a player...i HATE their shield neutralizer SPAM (1 every 5 seconds AT LEAST)...kind of hard to clear that when HE is on CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 3
05-01-2013, 02:15 AM
exactly why i was thinking it'd be better as a ~30 second power that has a real sting to it rather that the spammy thing it is now.
and thats canon.
Commander
# 4
05-01-2013, 09:28 AM
The shield neutralizer isn't the problem, in my opinion; the invisible torpedo-of-doom spam is.

I'm totally fine with torpedoes that gobsmack hull. I'd be totally fine with torpedoes that do enough damage to one-shot you if you don't blow cooldown(s), just so long as players could at least see them coming to know when to use cooldowns. I'm not fine with aforementioned torpedoes being fired faster than you can blow cooldowns.

Even with shields completely down you can still survive the doom torpedoes, provided they don't crit, with cooldowns. You just have to see them coming, and have cooldowns to blow; with things as they are, you don't, and you won't.
Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
Captain
# 5
05-02-2013, 06:34 AM
true, but thats yet another issue with the borg and has been known about for... well, since julember.

i would rather the borg required more hit & run tactics all round.
and thats canon.