Lt. Commander
i hope this is the proper place to post, but i have yet to find a solution to this specific problem.

i went out and got a XFX - ATI RADEON HD 4650 1GB DDR2 PCI Express Graphics Card and installed the latest drivers.

everything non game environment looks great... but the actual character, or player controlled avatar, or pretty much any ship, environment, or player that's running around. they look blocky, glitchy, and the textures are not smooth at all. pretty ugly. it kinda looks like the textures of sim city 4 if you are zoomed all the way in, if you've ever played that game.

but its strange, the u.i. looks beautiful, everything runs smooth, and the different resolutions work well.

now, i thought this was an aa issue, but it doesn't seem to be the case because i've played around with all those settings with no change on my ati catalyst proggie, and the aa option is faded out in the game settings.. i've also tried about a dozen drivers, including the latest and the o.g. ones that came with the card. its a lil frustrating as the game looks dreadful no matter how i play with the settings.

so, since i've tried to play with everything i can setting wise in catalyst and in the game, am i missing something here? could it be the game?

thanks for the help!

here's the complete info on the card:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/XFX+-+AT...t=ati%20radeon
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2010, 05:06 AM
anybody?