Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
While playing the tutorial about Vega, attacking the probes that were regenerating specifically, I had an issue with selecting targets. The previous combat against the damaged probes I would mouse click on my desired target and then attack it. In this combat exercise the ships I mouse clicked on I would lose as a target once I mouse clicked on a ship command, such as fire weapon. Using the TAB key to target worked good, but mouse selection worked very poorly for me here.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Deaux
While playing the tutorial about Vega, attacking the probes that were regenerating specifically, I had an issue with selecting targets. The previous combat against the damaged probes I would mouse click on my desired target and then attack it. In this combat exercise the ships I mouse clicked on I would lose as a target once I mouse clicked on a ship command, such as fire weapon. Using the TAB key to target worked good, but mouse selection worked very poorly for me here.
hmm that sounds tough but rare.. have you checked the patch details? or maybe its somthing theyre working on if not you should submit a ticket
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2010, 02:31 AM
I Experienced this to. Mouse clicking on targets seems inresponsive sometimes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2010, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pxRoberto View Post
I totally agree. I had to click on a target 3 or 4 times sometimes to target it. It's also not obvious enough what is targeted
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2010, 02:55 AM
The TAB is working well, but some changes at the selected target would be awesome, that orange line is too thin, esspecially when you fight in zoom out.

So 2 things need to be worked at space targeting

- selected target focus (customizable or bigger, more proeminent)
- mouse targeting (a tooltip added, or a pre-selected enemy border - on mouse over - to see who will be selected if i press click )
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-13-2010, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pxRoberto View Post
Had the same problem..Sometimes i had to multiple click on a target to have it finally as target
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-13-2010, 05:31 AM
I had this also, sometimes, and this bug wasn't present in the closed beta.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-13-2010, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3aT View Post
The TAB is working well, but some changes at the selected target would be awesome, that orange line is too thin, esspecially when you fight in zoom out.

So 2 things need to be worked at space targeting

- selected target focus (customizable or bigger, more proeminent)
- mouse targeting (a tooltip added, or a pre-selected enemy border - on mouse over - to see who will be selected if i press click )
I'm glad you brought up the orange line, I too had difficulty with interpreting that. I couldn't tell if that target was the active target or if it was just closer to me than the nearby target. A different color would be welcome here.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-13-2010, 06:27 AM
I've had this issue even changing your power settings loses your target you should be able to tab and lock the target in some way till it goes boom.
Lt. Commander
# 10 targeting bug
01-13-2010, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTWinston View Post
I had this also, sometimes, and this bug wasn't present in the closed beta.
Actually yes this bug was present in closed beta. I experienced it several times. It is mostly an issue when there are a lot of ships in a fight.