Career Officer
# 11
03-18-2013, 11:04 AM
I just figured it was Cryptic being bad at counting again lol. It would have been nice if the countdown was a little more clear, but I assume it is to do with maybe the announcement of the May changes.

"We're doing it wrong, but it's working...."
Career Officer
# 12
03-18-2013, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
It's counting down, to the next countdown to be followed by the final countdown!!
Bingo. Either that or when it gets down to a few hours, the countdown will go away and Cryptic will say "What countdown? We never put up a countdown."

And not that final countdown, THIS ONE! It's got a carrier in it!
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Last edited by dracounguis; 03-18-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 13
03-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracounguis View Post
Bingo. Either that or when it gets down to a few hours, the countdown will go away and Cryptic will say "What countdown? We never put up a countdown."

And not that final countdown, THIS ONE! It's got a carrier in it!
USS Nimitz is too OP and needs a Nerf

Career Officer
# 14
03-18-2013, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nierion View Post
I just figured it was Cryptic being bad at counting again lol. It would have been nice if the countdown was a little more clear, but I assume it is to do with maybe the announcement of the May changes.
Could be worse, they could all be so totally messed up at counting that the only number they know is 250. Been down that road won't go back. Talk about a messed up economy. Came back to this game and it was a sigh of relief. Some of you know which game I'm talking about. It starts with a G. and the devs name starts with an A.

I thought it was funny too that it was before the month changed over and wonder what they will be releasing when the countdown is up. If it's just an announcement that's a little odd.
Career Officer
# 15
03-18-2013, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1tigglet View Post
Could be worse, they could all be so totally messed up at counting that the only number they know is 250.
They know 400, just ask the Exchange.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 16
03-18-2013, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
It's a troll, nothing will happen when it hits 0.
WAIT?! REALLY! So all this work has been for nothing?

Something will happen. As for what will happen... well, you'll just have to tune in.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Republic Veteran
# 17
03-18-2013, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

Something will happen. As for what will happen... well, you'll just have to tune in.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
They pulled you out of shore leave for this, I hope you're well rested and high in fiber you're going to need it.

Career Officer
# 18
03-18-2013, 03:37 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
The following message will appear:

"The STO Server is down for maintenance. There are no patch notes as this is just for hardware maintenance. We took the option of a 3 week countdown in response to player complaints that we never gave enough lead time for server maintenance announcements. The countdown to the next maintenance period will start aftwer this maintenance cycle has concluded.

- The Cryptic STO Net Ops Team
"

Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 19 Great
03-18-2013, 03:39 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Yeah, great I can't wait..... but, one minor thing. Before anything else is released fix some minor issues:
- enourmous lag;
- failure to connect to patch servers.
http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4bef5f66.jpg
Ensign
# 20
03-18-2013, 04:34 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Yep, that's right. That countdown isn't to troll *us*. That countdown is to troll *you*! They told you guys to do all this hard work for something big, and made a show about keeping it a huge secret and not telling anyone about what you were doing.

Then, when the countdown hits 0, nothing happens. They say, "GOTCHA!", point, and laugh, and since they didn't tell anyone about what was going to happen, well, you can't fail to meet expectations when you never gave anyone any real expectations to begin with.

Or maybe when the countdown hits 0, your alien overlords will finally bring their plans for world domination to fruition, and from that moment on, we'll all hail Alan. The Cowboy.

Anything could happen!!!