Captain
# 1 so no more seasons right?
03-18-2013, 11:14 AM
i guess the major pvp update for season 9 will never happen if they stop calling the major content releases seasons eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Career Officer
# 2
03-18-2013, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
i guess the major pvp update for season 9 will never happen if they stop calling the major content releases seasons eh?

Actually, they've stated ion a couple of interviews, only the impending May Update in NOT being called a Season (as in their mind, it's bigger than a normal 'Season Update'); and that they may go back to calling an Update a 'Season' again, depending on intent/size. Although does tghat mean the first post May Update with 'Season' status would then inherit the "Season 8' name since even though the May Update was first referred to as 'Season 8' - it lost that title?

Yep, seems 'Cryptic' to me too.

As for the fabled PvP Update - remember - Gozer was assigned to that 'full time', until he left (again) for a different game development company (happens all the time) in July of 2012 - and since, no STO Dev has been assigned/taken ownership of said PvP Update liike Gozer had (althoufgh Borticus has been tweaking existing STO PvP for better or worse since Gozer left).
^^^
Thus, with no one assigned full time to working on revamping STO's PvP; there's no telling when (or if) the 'PvP Update' will happen (Be it in May, or a future STO Update).
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 3
03-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
As for the fabled PvP Update - remember - Gozer was assigned to that 'full time', until he left (again) for a different game development company (happens all the time) in July of 2012 - and since, no STO Dev has been assigned/taken ownership of said PvP Update liike Gozer had (althoufgh Borticus has been tweaking existing STO PvP for better or worse since Gozer left).
^^^
Thus, with no one assigned full time to working on revamping STO's PvP; there's no telling when (or if) the 'PvP Update' will happen (Be it in May, or a future STO Update).
Actually we were told a Dev was assigned to take over where Gozer left, but no name was given and I was led to assume it was a very new junior one.
Empire Veteran
# 4
03-18-2013, 11:39 AM
pretty sure we are waiting on never winter to ship, so they can use their pvp architecture code and put it in STO. it sounds like if they want to do any changes or add maps right now, they have to do it coding in binary or something lol
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
# 5
03-18-2013, 11:49 AM
I shudder at the thought of what might break when the NW code gets merged back in...

"Why am I riding my starship with a lance?"
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Captain
# 6
03-18-2013, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
I shudder at the thought of what might break when the NW code gets merged back in...

Hmmmm...

Space Joust

I want that game.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-18-2013, 11:56 AM
Maybe another -39
Noone.
Career Officer
# 8
03-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
^^^
Well that explains the persistant I win button tacticals have and the continuous oblivious nerfs science has continued to endure.
Captain
# 9
03-18-2013, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post

People will complain that Dual Heavy Magic Missiles are OP compared to Magic Missile Arrays. Nobody will question WTF Magic Missiles are doing in STO, but they will still complain that Dual Heavy Magic Missiles are OP compared to Magic Missile Arrays...

...oh yeah, FAW still won't work right with the Magic Missile Arrays.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Captain
# 10
03-18-2013, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post

You just gotta admit Crytic/PWE got themselves out of that one even more epicly then in the past right?

Muhahaha