Empire Veteran
# 1 KDF Red Alerts
04-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Is anyone else having any issues with not being able to do red alerts on their KDF characters, namely the one in the Tau Dewa sector where you warp in and it immediately warps you out?

I also had it in the Zeta Andromedae block.

Yet this doesn't happen on Fed characters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Commander
# 2
04-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
Is anyone else having any issues with not being able to do red alerts on their KDF characters, namely the one in the Tau Dewa sector where you warp in and it immediately warps you out?

I also had it in the Zeta Andromedae block.

Yet this doesn't happen on Fed characters.
Yes, it does happen to fed characters, what you are experiencing, is a Red Alert that's served its time, and is in the process of deactivating.
Empire Veteran
# 3
04-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benovide View Post
Yes, it does happen to fed characters, what you are experiencing, is a Red Alert that's served its time, and is in the process of deactivating.
Thanks still doesn't make a lot of sense to me when the Red Alert option just shows up when I enter and I've been in the sector for sometime.

But thanks for the quick response.
Quote:
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
04-03-2013, 04:25 AM
You are talking about the Tholian red alerts in Tau Dewa, right?
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
# 5
04-03-2013, 09:24 AM
It's a game wide issue, having it on my Fed toon.

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Empire Veteran
# 6
04-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
You are talking about the Tholian red alerts in Tau Dewa, right?
That's the main one I have issues with yes.
Quote:
Quote:
Empire Veteran
# 7
04-03-2013, 02:24 PM
I have not tried the Tholian RA, but all the others have worked fine for me on G'hargh, my KDF main.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
04-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
That's the main one I have issues with yes.
Then, there are two possible reasons for your problem:

A. The Tholian red alerts are bugged, the devs. have stated they are aware of this and are working on a resolution, but they don't have an estimate as to when they'll manage to find a solution for this issue. There is chance of getting a proper working one, but it's once in a while, in between the bugged ones. If it comforts you, same applies to the Fed. players as well.

B. You got an actual working one, but as one previous poster said it - the red alret was already dealt with by other players (Tau Dewa is quite busy), so you were out of luck. Happened to me quite a few times.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Captain
# 9
04-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Red alerts in Tau Dewa have never worked for me, but all others are fine.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Empire Veteran
# 10
04-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Then, there are two possible reasons for your problem:

A. The Tholian red alerts are bugged, the devs. have stated they are aware of this and are working on a resolution, but they don't have an estimate as to when they'll manage to find a solution for this issue. There is chance of getting a proper working one, but it's once in a while, in between the bugged ones. If it comforts you, same applies to the Fed. players as well.

B. You got an actual working one, but as one previous poster said it - the red alret was already dealt with by other players (Tau Dewa is quite busy), so you were out of luck. Happened to me quite a few times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Red alerts in Tau Dewa have never worked for me, but all others are fine.
Thanks yeah they must be bugged. Thanks for the heads up at least I now know it's not only me.
Quote:
Quote: