Survivor of Remus
I've been having considerable difficulty getting my Multi-Mission Surveillance Explorer Vesta to accept the paint-job I want it to have.

After talking to Dirz Rexx in the Spacedock Shipyard, I am able to give it a beautiful (Aye, aye - dinnae you be judgin' mah sense o' taste! ) makeover.

However, when I beam up to the ship, it looks dull and boring.

Having played about with several settings and equipment pieces, I have discovered that the "Jem'Hadar Resilient Shields" are causing the ship to lose its' paint-job.

Can this be corrected please?

Or is it intended? (I hope not as this nice little item set effectively ruins the ship, if so...)

Edit:
I just saw this and have realised the Jem'Hadar shield is meant to do this to my ship. I guess I'll have to get used to it...

Last edited by inferiority; 01-19-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
01-19-2013, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferiority View Post
I've been having considerable difficulty getting my Multi-Mission Surveillance Explorer Vesta to accept the paint-job I want it to have.

After talking to Dirz Rexx in the Spacedock Shipyard, I am able to give it a beautiful (Aye, aye - dinnae you be judgin' mah sense o' taste! ) makeover.

However, when I beam up to the ship, it looks dull and boring.

Having played about with several settings and equipment pieces, I have discovered that the "Jem'Hadar Resilient Shields" are causing the ship to lose its' paint-job.

Can this be corrected please?

Or is it intended? (I hope not as this nice little item set effectively ruins the ship, if so...)

Edit:
I just saw this and have realised the Jem'Hadar shield is meant to do this to my ship. I guess I'll have to get used to it...
I got used to it by now, but it would be cool if we had the option to turn off/on a "set effect" on the ships.
Survivor of Remus
# 3
01-19-2013, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrona View Post
...it would be cool if we had the option to turn off/on a "set effect" on the ships.
Quite by accident, I have discovered that I can right-click the shield & "Disable Visuals"
Career Officer
# 4
01-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Quite by accident, I have discovered that I can right-click the shield & "Disable Visuals"
Also works for .... any visual effect from any non standard pieces (like Borg engines, deflectors, etc) and the assimilated module.

Also works on ground.
You can disable your armor visuals, your kit visuals and your weapon holstered visuals
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
01-19-2013, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Very nice discovery there, thanks!

I'm just surprised I missed it for this long, I must be getting old..