Career Officer
# 231
03-18-2013, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sritthh View Post
What exactly is whinging? It sounds like some sort of sex act involving wincing I do believe the word you were looking for is whining. I blame No Child Left Behind for all the bad spelling on the internet
No Child Left behind is American. Whinge is British and Australian. Oh, and Google is your friend. Whinging is complaining -- just like whining. Whinging isn't bad spelling.
Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
Republic Veteran
# 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfmudd View Post
whinging = whining. It's one of those American / British spelling things. ("Two countries, separated by a common language.")
How dare you bring Knowledge to the clueless.
The Only good Iconian is a DEAD Iconian

Would you like to know more?
Lt. Commander
# 233 player vs downtime
ive got doffs to chunk mang! ur killin meh smallz
Ensign
# 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfmudd View Post
whinging = whining. It's one of those American / British spelling things. ("Two countries, separated by a common language.")
False. It's just illiteracy.
# 235
03-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ved View Post
just because I know this is going to/has already happened,
ITS BEEN AN HOUR! WHERE ARE MY SERVER?!?!
Branflakes:

"I'm given her all shes got" Captain!!!!!

Us:

"Try turning it on"

Branflakes:

"Oh"

Most problems are simple lol its technology its sucks but hey the best thing we can do is have fun on here until they come up or have some at PWE's expense lol
Starfleet Veteran
# 236
SHAKA, when the walls fell
Lieutenant
# 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoctopi View Post
Are you trying to get some free Zen or something?
You should see what happens when a dev shows up in game on ESD or DS9. All the same people that talk smack turn into hard core brown nosers. The sycophancy is so bad that you'd think he was a Founder and the players all Vorta.
Ensign
# 238
not yet...
Lieutenant
# 239
klingon blood whinging! this is taking a long time. Im going through withdrawals.
Ensign
# 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by sritthh View Post
What exactly is whinging? It sounds like some sort of sex act involving wincing I do believe the word you were looking for is whining. I blame No Child Left Behind for all the bad spelling on the internet
Maybe you should use that Internet you're so ashamed of to look up the word... it's legitimate.

I'm also occasionally appalled by poor spelling, and, more frequently, punctuation, but this one is just fine.
Closed Thread