Ensign
# 1 Greets & Salutations!
04-11-2013, 08:01 AM
In an ongoing effort to bring about the profit & fun we've all come to enjoy from STO, this ferengi is taking a brief moment to send out this greeting to any and all that may take the time to read it.

As many of this game are, I too am a refugee of another MMO, having been expelled from the game over it's repeated attempts to drive deeper the stake of declining my profits.
Well actually truth be told, I was doing so profitably that the challenge simply bored me to expulsion. Rather than name names, lets just say the war was alot more fun when I wasn't flying a kite on a string.

Hence have I stumbled into your realm MMO Trekkies!

Since this stumble, there has been rarely a day I have not found myself immersed in this newfound home for my exploration and profit seeking habits. I thank you all immensely, namely those that have stuck with this game to make it what it has become, but also those that have simply given it any time whatsoever. Not only is the community a strong representative of the passion this game can inspire, but also the game-play and mechanics all reinforce the feeling of the providers' passion for it as well.

The history of the consciousness which inhabits me when I wake in any realm an MMO provides has spanned across the multi-verse of MMO's since the late nineties in present Earth timeline. Beginnings of these 'role-play' journeys spanning back to the days of BBS and MUD's; so believe me when I say I've experienced not only a wide range of these realms but also their passing of hands, whether for better or worse.

My wife and I met in one of those past realms (though well past the time of the MUD adventures). As of last night she too has begun feeling the compelling pleasure of this community, game, and it's vast expanse of distractions from the 'real-world' our consciousnesses recognize when not in such realms as this game has offered.

I made this post with 3 major objectives in mind:

1- To simply introduce myself as a growing addict to the Star Trek MMO

2- To thank those that have contributed even minimal time in producing such a splendid to enjoy game & community; that is the producers, the players, everyone that has contributed (yes even you trolls out there too)

3- Last but not least, to see if my avatar will show up when I post this since it has not yet updated from what I can see without going into CP.

Here's looking forward to furthering my addiction, spreading the madness, and taking part in whatever may come for us all.

Thank you all again and looking forward to the day I can easily justify the lifetime subscription and see a Borg captain as an option to log-in as. (Though I'll be even harder pressed to speed up that justification in the fluke of the option for a Ferengi freed from the Borg )
Career Officer
# 2
04-11-2013, 08:41 AM
Welcome to the madness.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

It's time for STO to get a complete UI overhaul.
Captain
# 3
04-11-2013, 09:30 AM
1- Welcome to STO

2- I agree - there's a lot of work put into this (if not every) MMO ... enjoy the bliss of being new! I've been playing since November 2012 and am still having fun

3- The avatar works
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Commander
# 4
04-11-2013, 09:37 AM
shutup Wesley
Ensign
# 5
04-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Bugs Bunny, maybe.... Yoda, acceptable as well....

Wesley?...

His lobes were too lacking to begin comparison...
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Greetings elder Ferengi, Nata!

Please excuse the One Lake of Many above me, it appears they are inefficient in the polite art.
You are most welcome to be a part of our community and I humbly give warm greetings from
the Gorn Hegemony (literally!). I'd also hope others endeavour to make your stay comfortable.

Now if you or your (hopefully) non-profiteering lady need anything else, feel free to ask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bernard Shaw
There are no secrets except the secrets that keep themselves.
Republic Veteran
# 7
04-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Greets & welcome to STO. Just wondering if you are going to play a Ferengi, if so enjoy & hope to see you in game.
Fed: Tinman, Rom: Reaper, KDF: Ironskull