Lt. Commander
So I dont know you people that well or at least the forum mentality here.

So if something like a Romulan faction does actually happen this Thursday what will exactly transpire on the forum? As ive been hearing random crap from people in game like "the forums will erupt with rage consumed by hatred for PWE they will bombard the forum will useless ineffective torpedo's".......by that they mean "threads of rage" and then something about a server crash lol.

is it really that bad? will people be that angry or?

(no this isnt a troll thread or anything like that im serious.)
Empire Veteran
# 2
03-18-2013, 07:36 PM
I have been here since before day one so I think I am a pretty good at knowing what will happen no matter what cryptic releases.

No matter what it is everyone will be happy, plant a tree, and sign koom by ya (or however it is spelled). It won't explode into some nerd rage no matter what like some "fans" think. Promise.
Rihannsu
# 3
03-18-2013, 07:48 PM
Thursday will probably just be a regular maintenance day while the Marketing/PR department releases a little more information about the coming May update to stir up some more interest in it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-18-2013, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
I have been here since before day one so I think I am a pretty good at knowing what will happen no matter what cryptic releases.

No matter what it is everyone will be happy, plant a tree, and sign koom by ya (or however it is spelled). It won't explode into some nerd rage no matter what like some "fans" think. Promise.
looool alright thanks, well with the way people feel about the KDF situation im half expecting some people to react that way and after being a part of the bioware.social forums (my god save my soul when ME4 comes out) i just hoped it wouldnt be the same here haha so i had to ask
Rihannsu
# 5
03-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenification View Post
bioware.social forums
Oh you poor soul.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-18-2013, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaanithegreen View Post
Oh you poor soul.
It's literally like 4chan centered around 1 game.......................
Captain
# 7
03-18-2013, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenification View Post
So I dont know you people that well or at least the forum mentality here.

So if something like a Romulan faction does actually happen this Thursday what will exactly transpire on the forum? As ive been hearing random crap from people in game like "the forums will erupt with rage consumed by hatred for PWE they will bombard the forum will useless ineffective torpedo's".......by that they mean "threads of rage" and then something about a server crash lol.

is it really that bad? will people be that angry or?

(no this isnt a troll thread or anything like that im serious.)
The KDFers will be angry and start their typical chant: "Klingons first" or "We're always lied to." Someone will quote on how July 7th, 2011 Dan, or Steven, or Jack said X and so no plans should ever be changed from what they said then. Someone will post a link to the STO wiki showing all the things the KDF did not get, etc, etc, etc.

Most of the Fed fans will be happy to see a new Faction added to the game, and will hope they include new missions as well - as all the Fed fans have played through all the Fed missions 100 times and all the new ships in the world doesn't make them more interesting to do the 101st time.

And, of course, PvPers will start complaining about balance in the Rom ships - even though no one knows what a Rom ship will look like.

Pretty much a typical day on the forums.

Edit: I also want to point out that Thursday's patch has nothing to do with the announcement. It's just a coincidence that the announcement falls on a patch day. That patch isn't coming until some time in May.

Last edited by thecosmic1; 03-18-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
03-18-2013, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
The KDFers will be angry and start their typical chant: "Klingons first" or "We're always lied to." Someone will quote on how July 7th, 2011 Dan, or Steven, or Jack said X and so no plans should ever be changed from what they said then. Someone will post a link to the STO wiki showing all the things the KDF did not get, etc, etc, etc.

Most of the Fed fans will be happy to see a new Faction added to the game, and will hope they include new missions as well - as all the Fed fans have played through all the Fed missions 100 times and all the new ships in the world doesn't make them more interesting to do the 101st time.

And, of course, PvPers will start complaining about balance in the Rom ships - even though no one knows what a Rom ship will look like.

Edit: I also want to point out that Thursday's patch has nothing to do with the announcement. It's just a coincidence that the announcement falls on a patch day. That patch isn't coming until some time in May.

This is exactly what will happen!
Career Officer
# 9
03-18-2013, 08:23 PM
Quote:

This. Very much, this.
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-18-2013, 08:29 PM
Quote:

hmmm concerning your "edit", that's a tad odd? usually when someone makes a big countdown it usually mean new content or a lot of new content on the day it ends.......unless it's actually going to be some FE in a build up to may? (sorry never really kept track with how they do things here just usually log in and play )