Career Officer
I cannot for the life of me find MK XII or even Fleet XII versions of the Phased Polaron or Polarized Disruptor style weapons anywhere. So I am assuming they don't exist.

I was wondering if there were plans to add these to the fleet vendors so that Science Ship captains can continue to build to the max gear they need to remain competitive. It would be nice to get XII from the weapon vendors in fleets since fleets are supposed to be the place to get the best gear now.

Thanks.
Captain
# 2
03-13-2013, 08:46 PM
Mk XII Hybrid weapons are already on the Exchange, and you can get your pick of two modifiers (depending on how much you want to spend), rather than your pick of one and then [Dmg]x3. A second chosen modifier as well as the secondary proc already makes them viable (or nearly-viable) choices compared to the [Dmg]-focused Fleet weapons ([Dmg] being, by the way, one of the lower damage item mods in the long run, according to PvP consensus).

Hybrid weapons are also lockbox items, meaning that though they may be ridiculously common drops from said boxes, they likely aren't going to be added elsewhere.
Captain
# 3
03-13-2013, 09:16 PM
Just bought four mk 12 phased polaron DHCs yesterday for 800k each. They exist.
Republic Veteran
# 4
03-14-2013, 04:09 AM
The free mission reward hybrids do not have Mk XII versions, they only scale up to Mk XI blue. These are the
Plasma-Disruptor Hybrids
Dominion Polarons (formerly named Phased Polarons)
Polarized Tetryons
Retrofit Phasers

The reward pack hybrids will scale up to Mk XII and are fixed at very rare.
Career Officer
# 5
03-14-2013, 05:24 AM
Weird every time I search for these things I never seem to find them in the exchange they always seem to be blue quality XI or purple XI and I've never seen polarized tetryon, guess I'll try again today.
Captain
# 6
03-14-2013, 06:50 AM
Remember to select the "Ship Weapons" category before searching. They may not show up if you just search under "All".
PvP-ready toons: Ishmael - Betazoid Sci - Vesta - U.S.S. Yukikaze - The unsinkable destroyer - T'Scurr - Romulan Tac - Mogai - I.R.W. Archer - Countervape overwatch - Ffairl - Romulan Sci - T'Varo - R.R.W. Yuudachi - The nightmare of Solomon

Take it easy!
Captain
# 7
03-14-2013, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1tigglet View Post
Weird every time I search for these things I never seem to find them in the exchange they always seem to be blue quality XI or purple XI and I've never seen polarized tetryon, guess I'll try again today.
There are no polarized tetryon weapons. The only tetryon weapons are phased and standard. The only polarized weapons are polarized disruptors. Phased polaron technically counts too I guess...
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Republic Veteran
# 8
03-14-2013, 07:12 AM
http://www.stowiki.org/Polarized_Tetryon_Beam_Array

For feds only.

Not to be confused with Phased Tetryon (Tholian Lockbox) or Polarized Disruptor (Temporal Lockbox).
Career Officer
# 9
03-15-2013, 03:32 PM
okay can someone tell me what to search for it's been a couple of days and each time I search for the MK XII versions of these weapons in the Exchange I never find anything with that rank accept single dual cannons 0 beams. And when I tell the exchange to use that rank it displays exactly nothing, not even the cannons I find without a rank selected.

I'm wondering now if I'm doing something wrong because I searched for ship versions of phased tetryon and got nothing but ground weapons.

This is what I'm searching for....

beam and dual beam phased tetryon mk XII with acc
beam and dual beam polarized disruptor mk XII with acc
Empire Veteran
# 10
03-15-2013, 04:00 PM
The whole point of Phased/Polarized weapons is that they're specific to Lock Boxes. Basically you're trading a modifier for an additional proc, putting them on the same level as the Elite Fleet weapons anyway. If you're talking about them having 4 modiers, like the Advanced Fleet weapons, AND the additional proc then you're asking for Cryptic to completely unbalance the game. Which is bad.

Last edited by benoliverwillock; 03-15-2013 at 04:05 PM.