Captain
Most of us know that the captain of this ship is Brandon(aka Branflakes), but I would like to know more about the rest of her crew. For continuity's sake. Add more to the lore of the Avenger prototype. (I'm guessing that Brandon being the Avenger prototype's captain is indeed canon in STO...)

I'm wondering if he has any plans to maybe get him and his crew involved in the storyline somehow. Even 'canonize' a livestream somehow. I think this would be very cool. Also, maybe get a few other Cryptic employees that play STO involved in the canon as well as new ships we can identify them with come out.

Anyone else agree that this would be a neat idea?

My older suggestion threads (dead threads; do not post in them!)
Orangie's Suggestions - Crewman System
Orangie's Suggestions - Chameloid
Orangie's Suggestions - Sub-Factions
Orangie's Suggestions - Fleet Holding
Orangie's Suggestions - Zen Store Gifts
Orangie's Suggestions - Non-Combat Gameplay
Orangie's Suggestions - Celestial & Envoy Saucer Separation
Orangie's Suggestions - Cardassian Faction
Orangie's Suggestions - Klingon Blood Color
Orangie's Suggestions - Mission Pod Slot

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!

Last edited by orangeitis; 02-14-2014 at 03:10 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
12-09-2013, 02:05 PM
What about the Captains of the other U.S.S. Avenger's ingame!?
Captain
# 3
12-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedsnake001 View Post
What about the Captains of the other U.S.S. Avenger's ingame!?
Those aren't the U.S.S. Avenger NCC-97500. Those are ships that have different names that happen to be of the starship class that is named Avenger.

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!

Last edited by orangeitis; 12-09-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Captain
# 4
12-09-2013, 02:12 PM
A great idea. It has been pleasant and enjoyable the few times I have encountered Devs ingame.

Chris Carter, Hall of Fame wide receiver for the Philadelphia Eagles and the Minnesota Vikings, said something today which I hope resonates with the Dev Team.

"I'm not just an athlete, I'm a fan!"

I'd like to see much more of the stories of your ships and crews and their adventures, guys.
The only 'must have' gear for any ship is a competent Captain.
Turkina Keshik of the Jade Falcons
HAIL (Disco) BA'AL!
Captain
Commander
# 6
12-10-2013, 09:00 AM
Where does it say that Brandon is the canon captain of the Avenger?
Captain
# 7
12-10-2013, 09:05 AM
It doesn't, which is the point of the thread. He does fly the U.S.S. Avenger on his in-game character though. (saw it in one of his live streams) And I was proposing the idea of making him a canon part of STO lore.

Last edited by orangeitis; 12-10-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Commander
# 8
12-10-2013, 09:10 AM
I see, so it's not much different than all those Enterprises with various spellings out there.
Captain
# 9
12-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Why isn't it? He's part of the Cryptic team, so he should have the authority to take on the role if allowed. And the Enterprises have established captains. The Avenger as far as I know does not.

The way I see it, it's far different than "all those Enterprises with various spellings out there".

Commander
# 10
12-10-2013, 09:17 AM
I don't think Devs/CMs should play lore characters as their regular characters.
They could, however, specifically create and impersonate them for Live RP Events.
There's a couple of CMs on EVE who do that regularly.