Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
When the weapons proc. activates a roll is it because you hit the shield or hull or does it just roll when you hit the hull?
Republic Veteran
# 2
03-20-2013, 01:54 PM
It activates on hitting either hull or shields.

The more interesting question is whether the proc chance is per torpedo/shot or per volley/cycle. I believe Borticus posted that most things proc per torpedo/shot, but there are a couple of abilities that proc per volley/cycle.
Empire Veteran
# 3
03-20-2013, 02:50 PM
its also 1 chance per weapon cycle, not 1 chance per single hit
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
03-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
This is correct.

Relevant thread: http://deepspacealliance.blogspot.co...annons-vs.html
Career Officer
# 5
03-20-2013, 05:09 PM
Quote:
IIRC, some abilities like tetryon glider are calculated on a per shot basis. Off the top of my head SNB doffs, the Isis perception doff are also per shot basis.

Was never sure about DEM however, always assumed it was per cycle, which is why turrets and cannons seem to benefit more from it.
Captain
# 6
03-20-2013, 05:10 PM
Quote:
^that.

/10char
Captain
# 7
03-20-2013, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocp001 View Post
IIRC, some abilities like tetryon glider are calculated on a per shot basis. Off the top of my head SNB doffs, the Isis perception doff are also per shot basis.

Was never sure about DEM however, always assumed it was per cycle, which is why turrets and cannons seem to benefit more from it.
DEM/Glider is no proc really, so yeah this is per shot basis.

Doff procs, Weapon procs, its all per weapon cycle. So on a torpedo its most likely alot longer then on a turret or single cannon.
Career Officer
# 8
03-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
DEM/Glider is no proc really, so yeah this is per shot basis.

Doff procs, Weapon procs, its all per weapon cycle. So on a torpedo its most likely alot longer then on a turret or single cannon.
I knew some smart Panda would have the knowledge to keep me straight
Captain
# 9
03-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocp001 View Post

DEM and Tet Glider have the same functionality. It's part of the reason why they're so much stronger with cannons+CRF than beams. Their affects are applied on tick of damage the energy weapon generates. In Tet Glider's case, the affect is applied to each facing as well.
If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
Captain
# 10
03-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrimcorsair View Post
DEM and Tet Glider have the same functionality. It's part of the reason why they're so much stronger with cannons+CRF than beams. Their affects are applied on tick of damage the energy weapon generates. In Tet Glider's case, the affect is applied to each facing as well.
Yap, like DC's have faster cycle and more shots per cycle then DHC's. (2 vs 4 i believe) Moar procS!!!!

and cycle is 3 vs 2 sec or so.