Career Officer
# 121
03-20-2013, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
It (your sci-fi mmo) is most definitely not. Just wait until what you learn tomorrow
I wasn't referring to STO.

I meant my first mmo, which, sadly is no longer with us.

Starkaos knows which one it is, since:
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
They were referencing Tabula Rasa.
And yes, he is right, Richard Garriot made no such announcement.
I didn't know Richard ingame, but I'd seen him enough to recognize his handle when he came ingame to make appearances.

When someone claiming to be Richard Garriot appeared ingame to make the announcement, I read the handle and immediately realized it wasn't him!
Also, the prose style was too stilted, Richard Garriot was never that formal.

I studied the case for roughly a year afterwards and well, there was so much backstabbing and betrayal going on, I was horrified to learn what really happened!

But if you feel the need to market these things, choose your target audience carefuly.
We are not the target audience, so don't tell us.
Tell the Neverwinter players instead and leave us out of it.
Republic Veteran
# 122
03-20-2013, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post

But if you feel the need to market these things, choose your target audience carefuly.
We are not the target audience, so don't tell us.
Tell the Neverwinter players instead and leave us out of it.

You know this how? if STO players would play NW or if NW players would play STO.

Please tell me where you got your polls from , have you been asking around the games I'm sure Cryptic would love your data.

it's clear Cryptic is targeting NW players to try STO.

Lt. Commander
# 123
03-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
You know this how? if STO players would play NW or if NW players would play STO.

Please tell me where you got your polls from , have you been asking around the games I'm sure Cryptic would love your data.

it's clear Cryptic is targeting NW players to try STO.
finally, a cardassian i could vote for.

i'm a STO LTS (just don't care to show a special title), i played the last Neverwinter beta weekend, and will be playing this next one also. i also bought some Zen just for Neverwinter. i have also seen a number of names from this forum over on the NW forum, so i know i'm not the only one.
This is not as good as it used to be...
Republic Veteran
# 124
03-20-2013, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by targpetz101 View Post

i'm a STO LTS (just don't care to show a special title), i played the last Neverwinter beta weekend, and will be playing this next one also. i also bought some Zen just for Neverwinter. i have also seen a number of names from this forum over on the NW forum, so i know i'm not the only one.
You can count me in those numbers. I enjoyed the Neverwinter beta. I will be playing the game when it goes live. I am not just a Sci-Fi fan. Nor am I just a Fantasy fan. I love them both. I never understood the aversion one has toward the other.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Captain
# 125
03-20-2013, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
You can count me in those numbers. I enjoyed the Neverwinter beta. I will be playing the game when it goes live. I am not just a Sci-Fi fan. Nor am I just a Fantasy fan. I love them both. I never understood the aversion one has toward the other.
I know right? Can't I have my antimatter fueled dragon cake and eat it too?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 126
03-20-2013, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Conan the barbarian urinates antimatter.
A Conan punch is measured in Photon Torpedoes per square nanometer.
This is not as good as it used to be...
Captain
# 127
03-20-2013, 10:45 PM
There are a couple of Foundry missions if I had the skill to write and the Foundry allowed it where the away team walks through a malfunctioning Iconian portal and ends up in Neverwinter or a Neverwinter character encounters a magical portal and ends up meeting an away team.
Career Officer
# 128
03-20-2013, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by targpetz101 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
WoW...

I am not alone...

Is Howard the Duck Fantasy or Sci-Fi??
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Career Officer
# 129
03-20-2013, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post

It's clear Cryptic is targeting NW players to try STO.
I don't know for certain, I'm basing it on the prior case I cited, which was a complete and utter failure.

But in general, the majority of sci-fi game players are in STO to get away from sword&sorcery/fantasy mmos.
And that I know for a fact, because it came up many times in discussion.

Case in point, CO is a semi-fantasy game and few STO players are over there.

The point I'm making is, sci-fi has a different mindset to fantasy based games, it's rare to meet someone who can appreciate both forms of gaming.
In most cases, they are mutually exclusive, someone who plays one kind won't play the other, because they're just too different from each other.

And like I stated before, if they are targeting NW players, why bother involving us at all?
That news item would be really relevant on the NW launcher (if it exists), but irrevalent for the STO launcher.
Captain
# 130
03-20-2013, 11:55 PM
I have said this before, but the only reason why Neverwinter might be successful is the Foundry. It captures the essence of D&D with friends around a table playing an adventure that one of them has created. There are numerous fantasy MMOs out there and lots have been in business for years so there is tons more official content in them. Neverwinter being just another fantasy MMO won't succeed without the Foundry.
Closed Thread