Career Officer
# 51
03-20-2013, 09:11 AM
I'm so glad I got a lifetime sub to STO before that deal warped away.

I'm totally convinced that this offer too, is a limited time deal, and that I should shell out $200 before time's up! I will never get the chance again.
----
Captain
# 52
03-20-2013, 09:11 AM
It seems pretty obvious that this promotional thing is intended to be aimed at NW players, to get them to come here, rather than aimed at players here, to get them to buy what is worthless to any player here.

The real question is...why tell us about this?
Captain
# 53
03-20-2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
W're excited to announce that purchasing a Hero of the North Founder's Pack for Neverwinter will now get you the Andorian Starter Pack, which includes two free items in Star Trek Online, along with several free items in other PWE games.

Link to the news article.
Seriously? Who is the intern in your marketing department that comes up with this garbage? 200 bucks to get items that are essentially garbage AND that a player will cease to use within an hour's playing time (starting from scratch)?

Better yet, who is the person responsible for approving this garbage? Rot at the core spreads outward.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Career Officer
# 54
03-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
It seems pretty obvious that this promotional thing is intended to be aimed at NW players, to get them to come here, rather than aimed at players here, to get them to buy what is worthless to any player here.

The real question is...why tell us about this?
That seems rather UN-logical...

According to Them, STO has been steadily increasing it's numbers for some time now.

Whereas, NW is just starting out and most likely ISN'T getting the number of players Their "metrics" would like...

This is obviously a deal to get more STO players to try NW.

(and PAY for that chance)
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 03-20-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 55
03-20-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
W're excited to announce that purchasing a Hero of the North Founder's Pack for Neverwinter will now get you the Andorian Starter Pack, which includes two free items in Star Trek Online, along with several free items in other PWE games.

Brandon, quick question -- If you already bought the founder's pack a while ago, do you still get the goodies listed for STO (and the other games)?
Formerly known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012

If the KDF can get a Fleet D7, the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.
Career Officer
# 56
03-20-2013, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanlonehawk View Post
Brandon, quick question -- If you already bought the founder's pack a while ago, do you still get the goodies listed for STO (and the other games)?
My guess would be... (EDIT) Incorrect...
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 03-20-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Career Officer
# 57
03-20-2013, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanlonehawk View Post
You sure do. It's listed on the page near the middle:

Quote:
Already bought a Hero of the North Founder's Pack? Then all of the following items are already yours! Check your email for redemption codes (the email should arrive by 3/22).

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Career Officer
# 58
03-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussberlin View Post
if you whould give the T5,5 Jem Hardar Atackship, i might buy it next month, but so i dont need it at Level 50

i dont even tryed the Beta Because i dont want to play it only at weekend make it 2 full weeks beta then i might try never winter nights ... liked the not online game in the past
Seriously?! The JHAS is NOT worth anywhere near that much.

Not. Even. Close.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
# 59
03-20-2013, 09:37 AM
I feel like the marketing team is jumping the shark with this hero of the north pack, andorian bits or not.

There will probably be players willing to pay for it, but it's pretty out there.

Rihannsu
# 60
03-20-2013, 09:37 AM
Quote:

So for $200 you get:

Neverwinter Extra crap (Favorite Crap is the Cloak of Useless Items, which is what the entire offer is, and should be renamed)
Then you get the Andorian Starter Pack crap..
Then you get access to all the other PWE crap..

I don't have the disposable income to even warrant the thought of picking up the Hero of the North. I played in one of the NWO Beta weekends, and to be honest, I was not impressed with the game. It just does not feel like a D&D Game. It feels too much like an Action shooter then an RPG. Heck actually it feels more like Champions Online with D&D re-skin. Which doesn't surprise me since it was made by the same makers of Champions Online.

Now if the game was more like DDO + WoW, maybe I would have been more interested and looking to try to scrounge up the $200 for the Hero of the North.

Oh well, I know you'll sell a few to Whales. An good for them.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Closed Thread