Career Officer
# 11
03-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
If you had your bank tab open in the background it would've went into your bank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
I'm going with "check your bank".

Double clicking can't sell something on it's own. It's not possible. You'd get a pop up "Are you sure you want to discard Insert Item X? Blah blah blah".
True but in most games you get a popup to confirm the usage of a BoE item and sometimes people get into the habit of just hitting OK. Still see people having this problem, even in this game, today.

Usually recycle, bank, or shuttle are the only places it can go. I've heard of MANY bugs in STO. Spontaneous disappearance of items is not one of them.
Captain
# 12
03-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepwe View Post
True but in most games you get a popup to confirm the usage of a BoE item and sometimes people get into the habit of just hitting OK. Still see people having this problem, even in this game, today.

Usually recycle, bank, or shuttle are the only places it can go. I've heard of MANY bugs in STO. Spontaneous disappearance of items is not one of them.
It wouldn't surprise me if it ended up in the mail, that 'doubleclick' bank deposit thingy is such a bad idea but you know how those features tend to unintentionally bleed into other areas of the game.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Career Officer
# 13
03-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if it ended up in the mail, that 'doubleclick' bank deposit thingy is such a bad idea but you know how those features tend to unintentionally bleed into other areas of the game.
It's already been stated that the item is bound to character and can't be placed in the mail. If it was account bound then yes it could be placed in the mail but could only be sent to yourself. And in order for that to happen you would need to have both the bank and compose mail windows open at the same time, but even then I think it would favor going into the bank first.

I don't see any possible way, even if it glitched, that the item would end up in your mail inbox without composing a message first. The game would have to know who to send it to and the OP made no mention of being in the middle of composing mail when he/she tried to equip it.
I went to the Delta Quadrant and the Kazon stole my stupid T-shirt. Also, my pet hamster that died when I was a kid is now a Kobali.
Captain
# 14
03-20-2013, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybone13 View Post
It's already been stated that the item is bound to character and can't be placed in the mail. If it was account bound then yes it could be placed in the mail but could only be sent to yourself. And in order for that to happen you would need to have both the bank and compose mail windows open at the same time, but even then I think it would favor going into the bank first.

I don't see any possible way, even if it glitched, that the item would end up in your mail inbox without composing a message first. The game would have to know who to send it to and the OP made no mention of being in the middle of composing mail when he/she tried to equip it.
I've had attachments vanish into oblivion when sending them only to see them reappear minutes later back in inventory. Maybe the OP's item is still unequipped in his inventory, but hidden by an item icon that covers an empty slot. Maybe it IS equipped but the replaced item didn't unequip itself completely. There's so many ways the item could've bugged out (get it ) but the bank is the original stupid way to watch items disappear outta inventory when double clicking them.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Ensign
# 15
03-21-2013, 06:19 AM
Don't know what happened, but it's solved! It is in my inventory again today
Career Officer
# 16
03-21-2013, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassieb View Post
Don't know what happened, but it's solved! It is in my inventory again today
Awesome! Probably some sort of server lag.

As an example: A couple of weeks ago I finally completed tier 5 romulan on a second character. I didn't receive the accolade for tier 5 or the mission "Secrets of the Ancients" after completing the claim tier 5 project. I thought that since I hadn't completed any of the instances or any of the missions I gained automatically with each tier on New Romulus, I needed to do all of those before I got the final mission.

About a half hour later I went to New Romulus and was going through the staging area to get to the daily warehouse instance when suddenly I received the tier 5 accolade and final mission.

I've noticed this with the path to 2409 data chips at the academy. I use 1 and nothing happens for a while. Heck 1 time I switched characters instead of waiting and didn't get the accolade until I logged in on that character the next day. Switching instances or changing maps seems to make it appear sometimes. So like I said, probably just lag on the server side of things. Glad you didn't lose the Deflector afterall. I'd be mad too with how much dil, marks, and commodities those things cost.
I went to the Delta Quadrant and the Kazon stole my stupid T-shirt. Also, my pet hamster that died when I was a kid is now a Kobali.