Commander
# 51
03-20-2013, 04:35 PM
Gecko and novaluse is the same person I heard this rumor on teamspeak..
Noone.
Starfleet Veteran
# 52
03-20-2013, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by hurleybird
Honestly, this tournament was dead the moment you guys came up with a "only one of each ship type rule." Having to move the majority of your team into other ships for no good reason is a universal turn off. Don't blame the community on this one.

naz rule from your fleet rules are better for you i guess.

why is there so much bad blood in this game reason one hurleybird he trolls everyone post knock down anyone idea but he is a master in swelling his head out of proportions. i think your head bigger than your waist size. here more of his mentality

Quote:
You mistake elitism for cold, hard reality. I'm not saying these things to be mean, or put people down. I'm saying it because it's the truth, despite the fact that it's the truth that nobody wants to hear. It's time that we put mediocrity in the limelight and fixed it. That's why I've created the Jorf Guide, not to rub it in people's face, but to help them transcend the self-imposed ceilings that are holding them back.

It's not just myself that thinks this way, but more or less everyone who plays at a very high level. I'm just the poor sod who has the guts to say it. Earlier I had a Steam conversation with such a high level player who is active in this thread, and it went like this:

hurleybird: Who would be easier to train to a high level, everything else being equal: A PvEr that has never PvPed, or someone that has been indoctrinated by the likes of [redacted - fleet that is active and acting outraged in this thread]

[redacted]: blank slate

Hurleybird: Definitely

[redacted]: with a "pre trained" guy, you have to de proram to re program

[redacted]: i think you said that like a sledge hammer on the forums by the way....lol

You call it reality. think for 1 min dont hurt yourself. the way you write you are discouraging potential fleets from join us in the pvp ques. think back 2 years when que basically had 30 plus players in the que. how many fleet use to be in que now it the same 2 to 3 fleets. we need to rebuild pvp and you are not the person to help it!!!!
Captain
# 53
03-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorandra View Post
Gecko and novaluse is the same person I heard this rumor on teamspeak..
Does this Novaluse take the same daily medication like Gecko does?
Captain
# 54
03-20-2013, 06:55 PM
This thread saddens me. It and many posters inside it (not all) simply reinforce the opinion held by many that the forums...

are full of 12 yr olds. If not by age at-least by maturity.
http://www.helpscout.net/75-customer...es-statistics/
Captain
# 55
03-20-2013, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
This is nothing to do with Pandas - I repeat nothing to do with Pandas

Based on what i've seen on the PVP forum so far, Mini's survey, Novalus' suggestions, CSI 's & TFS's lead, and also trying not to fall into the same pitfalls sadly the mentioned fleets / people fell into, I want to host a Space PVP tournament for all in and out of the PVP community.

I am going to keep the rules simple.

1. Have fun - Most important
2. No siphons drones and danubes (Not fun and skillfull)
3. No more than 3 of the same captains or ships
4. No Boarding Parties (Broken)
5. No Dkora EMP burst (Broken)
6. No scramble sensors with the DOFFs (Without DOFFs no issue)
7. No Grav Pulse (AOE 50 second hold not fun)
8. Once you are in 1 team, you cannot move to another
8. Did i mention "Have fun"?

Reward: Knowing you are the victor and vast amounts of fun.

All I'm gonna ask for is put your team down
Rules may and will change based on the latest screw up by STO :0
There is not going to be a debate of any description
All I will say is I will be extremely fair

Please Put down your name / Fleet / Team in this thread and nothing else.

If you dont like the rules, please don't derail the thread and you dont need to participate if you dont like the rules.

Thanks in advance and remember, we are here to have fun. Forget the bad blood of the past and aim for the fun PVP bit which we are all looking for.

Time frame dependant on responses
Naz, I can't speak for my whole fleet (TRH), but I will participate in this, even if as a mercenary. Thanks for taking the initiative my friend.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Career Officer
# 56
03-20-2013, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrodura View Post
Quote:
You mistake elitism for cold, hard reality. I'm not saying these things to be mean, or put people down. I'm saying it because it's the truth, despite the fact that it's the truth that nobody wants to hear. It's time that we put mediocrity in the limelight and fixed it. That's why I've created the Jorf Guide, not to rub it in people's face, but to help them transcend the self-imposed ceilings that are holding them back.

It's not just myself that thinks this way, but more or less everyone who plays at a very high level. I'm just the poor sod who has the guts to say it. Earlier I had a Steam conversation with such a high level player who is active in this thread, and it went like this:

hurleybird: Who would be easier to train to a high level, everything else being equal: A PvEr that has never PvPed, or someone that has been indoctrinated by the likes of [redacted - fleet that is active and acting outraged in this thread]

[redacted]: blank slate

Hurleybird: Definitely

[redacted]: with a "pre trained" guy, you have to de proram to re program

[redacted]: i think you said that like a sledge hammer on the forums by the way....lol

You call it reality. think for 1 min dont hurt yourself. the way you write you are discouraging potential fleets from join us in the pvp ques. think back 2 years when que basically had 30 plus players in the que. how many fleet use to be in que now it the same 2 to 3 fleets. we need to rebuild pvp and you are not the person to help it!!!!
He's 100% right about that.

When I started playing in teams and with good players, a lot of ideas that I had about the game went out the window. My view broadened and many things I thought I knew about the game: changed.

Of course it depends on the person. Some people are more resistant to change than others.

And nothing anyone posts in the forums should discourage a team from trying to improve themselves. In fact, you should take it as a challenge to prove that you can be better.

Last edited by snoge00f; 03-20-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Lieutenant
# 57
03-21-2013, 04:26 AM
I like the rules Naz ! Well done mate , shame I can't field a team
Rihannsu
# 58
03-21-2013, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetic78 View Post
I like the rules Naz ! Well done mate , shame I can't field a team
there is another thread for that
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Lieutenant
# 59
03-21-2013, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
there is another thread for that
Yes!! I know, I did scan my eyes over it
Career Officer
# 60
03-21-2013, 11:31 AM
After reading through all the bull and seeing there the same repetitive names with obviously no life or job who spend all their time on this game/forum....

Count 1st Column in, ill get the team together by the weekend, just keep me posted.