Ensign
# 1 Fleet spreadsheets?
03-22-2013, 04:43 AM
Hello, recently I have been keeping a spreadsheet on my fleet, to keep records of how much each member has contributed, how often they come online, and their ranks. I find this pretty damn useful for running things such as fleet competitions and for regulating our officers (as we have a "contribute or get lost" policy).
Up until a few weeks ago, our fleet has been small enough to enter the data into excel manually (only taking a few hours to put in things such as name, fleet rank, level, total contributions and last online), however our fleet has grown substantially, and there's no way in hell I can keep the records with out infringing on time that I need to do other work.

So, I was wondering, is there anyway to extract the fleet data into a format that can be read by spreadsheet programs (i.e.: .csv, .txt, .xls, .xlsx...)? And, if there is a way, is it possible to do this on OSX? If not, I have access to Win7, but keeping everything on one computer would be nice...

I know that I'm not the only one that would find a feature like this immensely helpful.

Cheers
~ Brannan
Rihannsu
# 2
03-22-2013, 04:46 AM
I doubt that there is a way to do anything like this. However, Gateway might offer up new opportunities. I would keep an eye on gateway development. some data export, could be useful.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Rihannsu
# 3
03-22-2013, 04:53 AM
for god's sake, who would want to be in such a fleet?

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
03-22-2013, 06:14 AM
Make the spreadsheet on Google Drive, and task one of your fleet officers with keeping it up to date.