Lt. Commander
# 41
01-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Since this information mat be helpful to the devs, I downloaded my game from the official location, not from a 3rd party since Gamestop is not allowing the game to be downloaded.

Do I need to re-download the game from somewhere else?
Lt. Commander
# 42 okay
01-13-2010, 02:53 PM
trying to dload from another place in cryptics site. crossing my fingers lol!!
Lt. Commander
# 43 Great
01-13-2010, 03:01 PM
now Im having problems getting the dload from cryptic!!! This is terrible!!! Could you guys have made this more direct, this whole , "buy from here, go here here or here" is a REAL MESS!!!! All I wanted to do is buy the game and play it, not jump through flaming hoops!!!
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Someone else mentioned this and it helped me.

When the launcher wouldn't let me log in, I went back to the website and re-entered my OB key. It gave me a confirmation page, and then the launcher worked fine! So good luck to everyone!

If it matters, I got mine from Amazon.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs2501 View Post
Someone else mentioned this and it helped me.

When the launcher wouldn't let me log in, I went back to the website and re-entered my OB key. It gave me a confirmation page, and then the launcher worked fine! So good luck to everyone!

If it matters, I got mine from Amazon.
ALready tried that, three times. I deleted the previous d'load and am now re-downloading. Only been trying to to this for over five hours now. Not happy at all.
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-13-2010, 04:43 PM
ok, for steam users, go into steam games right click and select manage account. You should get the key number there, and after that its simple, hehe, finally got on.
Lt. Commander
# 47 same issue
01-13-2010, 05:05 PM
im having the same problem i bought the digital deluxe version directly from the atari website, i have not recived any code from them, and all i got was a email which told me to download some stupid download manager, and then use it to download the installer from the link in the email.

which ended up been a pdf file with a link to this site listing where it could be downloaded from, i mean wft how confusing can you get, just send an email with a sodding link to the game exe, how hard is it,

still but i have not recived any ob key or game serial for that matter from atari and the dont seem able to respond to support requests either, if only i knew how to get my order refunded from atari so i could re buy it from a professional digital download sevice like steam instead.
Lt. Commander
# 48 Okay........
01-13-2010, 07:19 PM
I finally downloaded it the second time. This time it worked. Apparantly, that one worked. I did figure out that I never d'lded steam , I did d;oad from the right source. The process did confuse me enough.
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-16-2010, 06:00 AM
to whamhammer:

Would you be so kind to post the link here please, that would've been great!

Yeah, I fixed it!

What you guys must do is to go to your account on https://www.startrekonline.com/
There you must choose to insert the Beta key you have, and then you can login and view the launcher
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-16-2010, 06:50 AM
If it helps anyone, I was getting the Invalid username and password issue at the launcher screen. I went into my cryptic account and reset my password(even though I already confirmed it working on my log in for the web site).

Just throwing out my 2 cents.