Rihannsu
# 11
03-20-2013, 06:50 PM
Best part about those proto phasers, if what I saw on Tribble stays accurate, turn one in and the dil will buy you two replacements in the fleet store [plus 20,000 FC but who isn't sitting on unusable hoards of that stuff?]

I kitted my Kumari out with dil-store phasers specifically because I wanted the novelty of having a now-dead item. Probably gonna turn in a couple and get proper ones, and keep the others... somewhere~
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
It's just an announcement, the actual update doesn't come until May.
wasnt meaning the big update till may. was meaning they might get caught up in all the discussion for the announcement or adding something small related and leading up to whats coming in may in this patch unexpectedly they did not tell everyone till the last minute.
Captain
# 13
03-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Quote:
These weapons can be traded in at the Ferengi Collector for the same amount of Refined Dilithium that the weapon initially cost to purchase
thank you cryptic
Captain
# 14
03-20-2013, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usscapital View Post
thank you cryptic
Even if I personally don't have andorian phasers, this is a very nice and fair move from Cryptic. This is the right way to treat the playerbase.

Thank you!
Rihannsu
# 15
03-20-2013, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeswar2 View Post
i know its real early for this but does anyone think that maintenance will be extended with the announcement being an hour before?
I somewhat predicted this in the New Screenshot thread.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...584651&page=11
# 16
03-20-2013, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeswar2 View Post
i know its real early for this but does anyone think that maintenance will be extended with the announcement being an hour before?
The timer ending tomorrow at 6AM PDT and tomorrow's maintenance from 7-9AM PDT have nothing in common If maintenance is extended, it would be because the team needs more time to complete maintenance.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-20-2013, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Added more Advanced Fleet weapons to the fleet store.

These Advanced Fleet weapons have [Dmg]x2 and [Acc]x2.

Anyone else a little peeved that new advanced weapons are being added after most everyone has access to them? Had I known advanced fleet weapons would eventually come in [Acc]x2 flavors, I would have waited to buy mine. I don't supposed there's any chance of us being able to turn in our advanced weapons, like we can with the d-store andorian weapons, is there?
Career Officer
# 18
03-20-2013, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
Oh, okay.

If I am understanding this correctly, tomorrow's BIG Romulan event is an announcement or unveiling. No new Romulan content will be released tomorrow.

9:00 am (e.s.t.) will be the unveiling.

10:00 am (e.s.t.) will be the patch and maintenance.

I am still excited.
Your time descriptions are somewhat incorrect...

Most of the USA is in Daylight Savings Time now.

Your e.s.t's. should be EDT or EDST.

I am a NIT and this is a PICK.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 03-20-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Career Officer
# 19
03-20-2013, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcostik View Post
Anyone else a little peeved that new advanced weapons are being added after most everyone has access to them? Had I known advanced fleet weapons would eventually come in [Acc]x2 flavors, I would have waited to buy mine. I don't supposed there's any chance of us being able to turn in our advanced weapons, like we can with the d-store andorian weapons, is there?
That would be nice, now that we know that there is that capability.
Captain
# 20
03-20-2013, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
The timer ending tomorrow at 6AM PDT and tomorrow's maintenance from 7-9AM PDT have nothing in common If maintenance is extended, it would be because the team needs more time to complete maintenance.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Ok let me break this down in laymans terms

If the scheduled maintenence is extended its not because of the screenshot announcement its because someone spilled their slushie on the server again causing it to explode violently.
And while its burning one developer will be roasting marshmellow 5 more will be running around in a panic another will be jumping under their desk chaos will be in the halls.

Meanwhile pwerbranflakes will be trying to calm everyone and tries to find the one person who knows how to fix and reboot the server only to find they were reassigned to neverwinter.

After some extra server down time someone will kick the server and it will start back up saving the day and pwerbranflakes sanity in the process.

In short dont panic if there is extra down time the dev team has EVERYTHING under control

(In all honesty they do a dang good job better then alot of games ive been on )
Closed Thread