Starfleet Veteran
# 11
04-13-2013, 11:03 AM
There's also nothing saying you have to run the console that allows the Lotus. You could throw that console in your bank and run a different universal console for various purposes and just leave the ship in Regenerative Mode. I found the Lotus to be a little too disruptive to my playstyle (while the Lotus was charging, I couldn't activate any abilities or fire any of my weapons) so I stopped using it, and figured why even keep the console equipped? And if you're not going to use the Lotus, then why limit yourself to Phasers?
Starfleet Veteran
# 12 phaser lotus
04-13-2013, 02:10 PM
i have been calling for us to allow diffrent weapon types to bu used on this & galx also,just keep the special ability ie lotus/lance but change it for polaron/tetrion ect
good idea i think !!!
Career Officer
# 13
04-14-2013, 07:06 AM
The Vesta kinda suffers the same fate if your using the tactical version with the specialized lance that comes from its deflector dish. That being said, I just threw on Anti Proton everything on it and used the lance as a last ditch effort to finish off a target whose shields were down and his/her hull was below twenty percent.

That being said, even when I ran all phasers on the Vesta the lance wasnt anything spectacular. I believe I have read the same to be true of the Galaxy and even the lotus on the Chimera. The latter is so short lived as well.

Thus, I'd say go for what floats your boat and use it, again, as a last means of getting rid of heavily damaged targets. Personally I think the defensive capabilities of the Chimera are far more impressive. This is coming from my experience again with the Vesta, whose defensive capabilities really is something great.

Food for thought.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)