Career Officer
# 41
03-21-2013, 02:35 AM
Cryptic is trying to kill me. I already have 11 Fed chars and 8 KDF chars......

"It's not easy being green......" *sings*
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Career Officer
# 42
03-21-2013, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
Cryptic is trying to kill me. I already have 11 Fed chars and 8 KDF chars......
I hear you.

Really not looking forward to working on a Romulan Starbase, DOFFing, Accolading, and all that Reputation work (Romulan, Omega, new Tholian). I'm very much not looking forward to grinding another 200 STFs for 3 new characters, I'm still far from finished on my existing 5 toons.

I already spend 16 hours online just for 6 toons. Making it 9 surely will put me in the hosptial from character overload.
Starfleet Veteran
# 43
03-21-2013, 02:44 AM
Ive got to say the game really desperately needed this. I think everyone is tired sick to death of KDF and fed grinding. Couldn't be happier right now, will have to start buying extra toon slots and getting skill point boosters in
Rihannsu
# 44
03-21-2013, 02:45 AM
hmmm, i now do have 11 KDF and 3 FED's

suppose ill keep my KDF main to do some PVP, and all other toons will be on their Contraband and Alien Artifact duty.

buying 2 new slots now, as i think we will get one Romulan slot for free.

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Career Officer
# 45
03-21-2013, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointedears View Post
Ive got to say the game really desperately needed this. I think everyone is tired sick to death of KDF and fed grinding. Couldn't be happier right now, will have to start buying extra toon slots and getting skill point boosters in
Not to put a dampener on your excitement...but ultimately the Romulans will grind the same stuff everyone else does.
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Captain
# 46
03-21-2013, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
Fellow Romulans!

We are the oldest existing Romulan Fleet (since Beta, community existed even prior to that).

Apply for membership on our homepage and prepare for the launch with us.

We are going to launch our warbirds with pride and will rebuild our great Imperium.

Join our cause now!
You may want to change your fleet name, according to the few elements we have now, it seems the Romulan Star Empire is reborn as the Romulan Republic.

My guess is Sela will join D'Tan to rebuild, since she may have seen wisdom during her captivity, and saw the Feds are not responsible for the supernova, on the contrary.

Quote:
Not to put a dampener on your excitement...but ultimately the Romulans will grind the same stuff everyone else does.
Don't be silly. Romulan don't grind, they deceive others to work for them. Mostly klingons, they are so easy to deceive. Once you are accustomed to the smell, that's it.
Rihannsu
# 47
03-21-2013, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
You may want to change your fleet name, according to the few elements we have now, it seems the Romulan Star Empire is reborn as the Romulan Republic.

My guess is Sela will join D'Tan to rebuild, since she may have seen wisdom during her captivity, and saw the Feds are not responsible for the supernova, on the contrary.
my guess is to finally see Rator III or another homeworld, cause that way Romulans also get to have an embassy on NR.

also, D'Tan's Remans and Romulans are only a small fraction with very unconventional ideas (like reunification), which we, the regular citizens do not like..

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Republic Veteran
# 48
03-21-2013, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
my guess is to finally see Rator III or another homeworld, cause that way Romulans also get to have an embassy on NR.

also, D'Tan's Remans and Romulans are only a small fraction with very unconventional ideas (like reunification), which we, the regular citizens do not like..
I agree with this. In the Romulan arch of the Federation missions, you do aid some planets that are seeking independence from the RSE.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Career Officer
# 49
03-21-2013, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Too true! But at least we'll get some new story missions. Maybe some new costumes everyone can use? Anything that isn't straight grinding. As to what happens when you get to lvl 50 though.... while I cannot speak for others I can pretty much guarantee "I" will not be grinding on a Rom alt all the things I'm grinding on my fed main. Its just NOT going to hapen. Can you imagine starting a brand new fleet starbase at this stage? Talk about demoralizing! Besides, we haven't really heard if its a third faction or if they took a page from Blizz and have lvl 50 Rommies join Starfleet or the KDF "to keep fighting for their people's freedom" or somesuch. It would even make sense if they plan future arcs to revolve around figuring out what's going on (OMG, is that plot advancement in STO??!!), and then going about stopping it.
Commander
# 50
03-21-2013, 03:04 AM
:EEK:

So many green people here ... i will name my romulan "Hamster" ...
thats a name for a warrior ehm sorry spy.

Subscribed For: 1600+ Days