Career Officer
# 1 Start KDF at lvl 1
03-21-2013, 01:14 AM
So, if I take This link for official, You will be able to start a Klingon at lvl 1.

From there, will there be any content filling the gaps? Who knows, I hope there will or it will go against the reason of why KDF was condensed in the first place to avoid spread leveling content and grind.

That is aside from a new UI that seem more Klingon-esque and less eye bleeding looking...

Thoughts?

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Captain
# 2
03-21-2013, 01:52 AM
I don't know, but the site looked sweet. Playing a Romulan will be very sweet as well. Good thing when I bought 2 additional Character slots. I saved one open for now, when I created my 3rd to be my tactical captain.
Lieutenant
# 3
03-21-2013, 03:03 AM
i was really hoping we wouldnt have a third faction

the game doesn't properly support 2 as is.
Republic Veteran
# 4
03-21-2013, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixa1 View Post
i was really hoping we wouldnt have a third faction

the game doesn't properly support 2 as is.
If you look at the link, you would see that you can start ANY of the three factions from lvl 1. It will be much clearer once the English site is updated.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Empire Veteran
# 5
03-21-2013, 03:23 AM
My hopes are on new episodes and not on a rabbit tagging and pigs hunting from lvl 1 to 20.
Captain
# 6
03-21-2013, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
My hopes are on new episodes and not on a rabbit tagging and pigs hunting from lvl 1 to 20.
Romulans and Klingons saving Captain Brott...
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Republic Veteran
# 7
03-21-2013, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
I dunno I would not mind hunting Saber bear
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
03-21-2013, 06:17 AM
I'm very happy about all of this.

Starting from level 1 is something that the KDF never had before. This is a BIG step in the right direction for the KDF!

Having a Romulan faction is a BIG step in the right direction for STO! It is a fresh breath for the game and the game just became much more interesting.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Captain
# 9
03-21-2013, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Starting from level 1 is something that the KDF never had before. This is a BIG step in the right direction for the KDF!
While technically correct (original KDF started at I believe 5?) you're mostly wrong. KDF started out at low levels before, and had zero content. You had to grind star cluster missions for the first 20-30 levels or so.

Without details on how Cryptic plans on plugging that content gap, I'm not impressed.
Captain
# 10
03-21-2013, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshirtthefirst View Post
So, if I take This link for official, You will be able to start a Klingon at lvl 1.

From there, will there be any content filling the gaps? Who knows, I hope there will or it will go against the reason of why KDF was condensed in the first place to avoid spread leveling content and grind.

That is aside from a new UI that seem more Klingon-esque and less eye bleeding looking...

Thoughts?

#1 - The only content KDF gets is the lame tutorial and perhaps 2 hastily put together 1-30 level missions. I bet it will be just one set of missions that levels you up quickly to 30...its the easiest, lazy way to just use the existing 30->50 mission sets.

#2 - Now that KDF starts at level 1 we could have seen an increase in player base which could lead to KDF receiving some 3-year waiting attention. Sadly, the romulan faction will also start in level 1 and now KDF numbers will never reach the numbers needed for the metrics to show KDF is worthy of some love.

Why? Simple, their metrics shows number of characters. Every Fed and KDF player will open at least 1 romulan account. POW metrics shift to romulan over fed and KDF left in the far low metric readings. Not just third place but third place with a fraction of the characters the romulan and federation factions have.

This means one thing: KDF will never receive a single season dedicated to them. Ever. Cryptic will be too busy rabidly monetizing the romulan faction... and working on the next faction that will be playable after it.. which will be ready in about 1 year time. Why one year? Easy: Each faction is also a resource time sink. FLEETS. Fleet starbase tier 5 take a year. Do you think its a coincidence a brand new faction that will require a year's worth of grinding just happens to be added when most fleets in the game are about to reach tier 5 starbase?
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg