Career Officer
# 1 Hello KDF
03-23-2013, 11:44 PM
I will be honest, this is in response to some "bye bye" doom/depressive posting here...

Like most, I like to keep my hopes/expectation low and rejoy in what we can get. However, this new expansion brings a ray of sunshine upon Qo'nos and the Empire. Starting at lvl 1 was a very long standing request, since closed beta to be honest... tutorial revamped. Right there, the door is at least opened to new players.

Sure, some will say if there is nothing behind that door, it will be shut as quickly as it was opened. But, this is where it should stop... speculation and wrist cutting posts do nothing... let's wait for development and news about this expansion. This last one was only the big showcase, of course it has no details, it was the big hook.

So, I am cautiously optimistic, so you all should be. Try to smile and be good ambassadors of the KDF on all forums out there...

Qa'pla!

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Empire Veteran
# 2
03-24-2013, 01:03 AM
Well I did get a tweet back from Cryptic, simply stated that they have tons of dev blog planned after I asked them about the KDF. That's about the most anyone could expect at this stage.

This is the most hopeful the KDF has been so far in quite sometime, although I won't get my hopes up with regards to bug fixes lol.
Commander
# 3
03-24-2013, 01:07 AM
I'm waiting for any new on KDF, but I don't expect Cryptic to do much for us.
Cryptic's shamefull history with the KDF

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios
Empire Veteran
# 4 Track Recrod says it All
03-24-2013, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshirtthefirst View Post
So, I am cautiously optimistic, so you all should be. Try to smile and be good ambassadors of the KDF on all forums out there...

Qa'pla!
Cryptics Track Record of making improvements it said it was making speaks volumes alone.

I was not part of Beta, but joined at Launch.

Sorry if I remain "Disenchanted" on the subject, I've just heard "KDF Content Incoming" a dozen or two times too many.

Don't get me wrong, I'll celebrate it's arrival. Just from another game.

Too Little, Too Late.

3rd Year is a bit late to just now finish a second faction that has been left unfinished for so long with so many cruel "Next Season is KDF" and "More KDF stuff is coming" and "You'll still be able to use to original Gorn models" (which we can't of course)

So while it's nice to see you're attitude, really it's hopeful for the faction, I'm just too Disenchanted to care much any more.

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl

Last edited by krell83sto; 03-24-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Captain
# 5
03-24-2013, 02:43 AM
Pessimism has a singular virtue-you're never disappointed, only pleasantly surprised.

That said, it MIGHT be that, with the influx of money from PWE and the hard-core fundraising of the last three seasons, that they (Cryptic) finally have the BUDGET to start filling in those old promises.

Maybe kinda-sorta.

But that's optimism.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
03-24-2013, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshirtthefirst View Post
I will be honest, this is in response to some "bye bye" doom/depressive posting here...

Like most, I like to keep my hopes/expectation low and rejoy in what we can get. However, this new expansion brings a ray of sunshine upon Qo'nos and the Empire. Starting at lvl 1 was a very long standing request, since closed beta to be honest... tutorial revamped. Right there, the door is at least opened to new players.

Sure, some will say if there is nothing behind that door, it will be shut as quickly as it was opened. But, this is where it should stop... speculation and wrist cutting posts do nothing... let's wait for development and news about this expansion. This last one was only the big showcase, of course it has no details, it was the big hook.

Qa'pla!
I completely agree with what you say OP. Through the time we managed to do more with less, so there's no point of worrying at all.
I am happy for these positive signals we got so far and the best we can do is, as you said, be cautiosly optimistic untill we get to know the contents on the next expansion and be grateful for what has been announced so far.

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
# 7
03-24-2013, 07:24 AM
I'm carefully optimistic at this point.
Not because of Cryptic itself, but because there are people in the KDF forums I trust...I don't know why.
Maybe it's the three years playing the game and reading their advice and ideas.
So I'll believe in khemaraa and his hints there's more coming than just the tutorial.

Also, checking the posting history of a particular individual who's become active suddenly reveals he's been using his accound for less than a week at this point and has been doing nothing but complain with it, no matter about what.

It's what I'd like to call a "Class A Troll" account.
Captain
# 8
03-24-2013, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startux View Post
Well I did get a tweet back from Cryptic, simply stated that they have tons of dev blog planned after I asked them about the KDF. That's about the most anyone could expect at this stage.

This is the most hopeful the KDF has been so far in quite sometime, although I won't get my hopes up with regards to bug fixes lol.

Dev blogs saying what? Oh look guys, new tutorial! Look! Rank 1 start! Look! our intern cobbled up some lame 1->35 kdf missions for you to rank up!

...which is all pointless garbage since the time people spend between 1 to 50 on the fed side now is less than a week.

No end game additions for KDF is the sole indicator that Cryptic just doesn't care about KDF no matter how much they promise and state they do. Words mean nothing, actions do. So far their actions prove only that they don't.

Where are the new ships for KDF that are not copy/paste versions of fed ships and are not lockbox? Where are our unique ship designs (vesta type)? Ah right.. NOWHERE. Not one in 2 years.

Where are the fixes to critical KDF gameplay bugs that for 2 years have plagued the faction? Ah..right.. they NEVER came. However it is important to note the instant the Federation received access to KDF equipment the bugs that were tied to same equipment were magically fixed.

(yes, we are still very bitter of the decloak-for-comms bug. Grow some balls and admit it is a bug not a feature and fix the gdamn thing).

and now, the romulan faction will simply bury the KDF due to all efforts going into them as the soon to be most popular/populous faction. I would like to say that any work that was scheduled for KDF would not happen now.

...but I know it simply was never scheduled in the first place.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
03-24-2013, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post

[SNAP]
Really, dude, lighten up. That was OP's point with starting thist thread in the first place. To share a positive vibe amongst all the gloomy threads around, that IMHO are based on pure speculation so far.

I'm not saying that you're wrong in what you said. Considering the past experiences, noone can blame you for having the opinion you stated. But, if you had to share it, why not on one of the fine selection of gloom & doom threads that emerged lately?

Let's try to keep the positive mood in this one, like the OP wished for, shall we?

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Empire Veteran
# 10
03-24-2013, 09:54 AM
All we can do is wait and see.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP