Career Officer
# 111
03-28-2013, 09:14 AM
*Shakes head* Why bother replying to these... I have no requirement to justify myself here of why it's funny for some and supposedly "offensive" for others, just a matter I will leave to personal feelings and opinions...

As far as gameplay, I don't care if people like to roll girls with the boob slider all the way up... Personally, I have male and female characters of 'average proportion' actually dressed in cannon uniforms.... beyond that, it falls under IDIC.

If this is not a fun post, go pest on other ones...

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Lt. Commander
# 112
03-28-2013, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliadraegonne View Post
P'Ros'Titute should not have made the front page.
That name was striken from the OP. I admit that I had misread/pronounced the name when it was posted, and so was oblivious to to design and/or intent to be offensive.
Captain
# 113
03-28-2013, 10:52 AM
Quote:
It was actually what I was going to name a ship lol.

And there is a difference between being politically incorrect and being a douche. The idea of PC is stupid and amounts to censorship. However; as a woman it would be nice to be able to hangout in a game forum without everyone going "ZOMG TITTIES!!!!" Don't get me wrong, I love boobs as well. They are fantastic. But how would you feel if both in daily life and in your hobby and leisure the majority of the opposite sex talked about you almost solely in terms of your body parts?
While I would not be bothered about that myself, I can understand if some people would be.

On the other hand, mysogeny or whatever it is called is a mental disorder , a hate for females.

Being a horny idiot and shouting 'boobies' is really not something that is "hate of females".

Yes, it is stupid and immature, but not hateful.

'
And there is a difference between being politically incorrect and being a douche. The idea of PC is stupid and amounts to censorship. ' That is true. Though some douches can be funny, think of Roger the Alien.

redshirtthefirst, May I use your signature picture please?
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.

Last edited by tpalelena; 03-28-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Ensign
# 114
04-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Alex Rousseau

Commander
# 115
04-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:
But how would you feel if both in daily life and in your hobby and leisure the majority of the opposite sex talked about you almost solely in terms of your body parts?
You mean like my wallet?

I would think you'd be open to the concept that just because you don't find it offensive, someone else might.

Men may consider women to be nothing more than a sex object, but women see men as nothing more than a sperm donor and bank account.

Turns out everyone sees everyone else as a means to an end.

Rather than be sensitive about it, just move along, before you find out you're as bigoted as the misogynists you complain about.
Ensign
# 116
04-04-2013, 01:31 PM
T'ania R'aymonde