03-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Star Trek Twilight.....

Yawn.
Career Officer
# 32
03-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
After seeing that clip, I can understand completely why David Marcus came to be.
Indeed...

And did I just see the JJ-Prise get destroyed? If so, I just started to like JJ-Abrams a little better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
I don't believe that's the Enterprise you see crashing into the ground/buildings, as other videos have shown the Enterprise rising out of the ocean. I'm guessing that's just one of the bad-guy ships crashing - or possibly the outcome from a terrorist attack making some random ships crash.
That is from the beginning of the movie, same as the red plants... It's the enterprise crashing alright....
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Empire Veteran
# 33
03-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
I don't believe that's the Enterprise you see crashing into the ground/buildings, as other videos have shown the Enterprise rising out of the ocean. I'm guessing that's just one of the bad-guy ships crashing - or possibly the outcome from a terrorist attack making some random ships crash.
It may not be, however; the ship falling from orbit had NCC-1701 on it's saucer... it's hard to see without a freeze-frame, but it's there. Of course, the actual ship crashing could still be another ship... we just won't know until we see it

And about the 'rising-out-of-the-ocean' bit, that part happens at the beginning of the movie (confirmed by those who saw the 9 min footage from IMAX Hobbit premiere), to save Kirk and Bones diving into the ocean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
And did I just see the JJ-Prise get destroyed? If so, I just started to like JJ-Abrams a little better.
I highly doubt it'll be destroyed Badly damaged, yes, but probably not destroyed.

Whatever our opinions about the JJprise's design and aesthetics, it's the Enterprise for this timeline's crew. And if it is destroyed, it'll likely give way to a second JJprise to replace it by the end of the film (just like Ent-A and Ent-E did to their respective predecessors). Or third film, max.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Last edited by trek21; 03-21-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Captain
# 34
03-21-2013, 01:32 PM
"Starfleet is not about vendetta, Kirk."
"Maybe it should be, sir."

Whoa ... that sounds a bit dark for Kirk. I wonder what Harrison did to make him so vengeful.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
03-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
I don't think its the Enterprise, the nacelle and pylon on the ship don't match those of the Enterprise at all.
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
03-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post

Whoa ... that sounds a bit dark for Kirk. I wonder what Harrison did to make him so vengeful.
I'm thinking Pike gets killed by Harrison.
Empire Veteran
# 37
03-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post

Who knows?

But it definitely isn't just this Kirk who can be dark. Prime Kirk had a similar incident where he was willing to let the Klingons die, however briefly, in vengeance of his son's death (and he said as much). I find this Kirk's line a nice nod to that one
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Captain
# 38
03-21-2013, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartzilla View Post
I don't think its the Enterprise, the nacelle and pylon on the ship don't match those of the Enterprise at all.
There is a scene where the Enterprise crashed into the ocean - and it rises from that ocean in a later scene.

I do not believe the scenes we see with ships crashing into the builds are the Enterprise, though. The clip has just been edited in such as way as to make some people think the Enterprise crashes.
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-21-2013, 02:01 PM
Quote:
The Enterprise rising from the Ocean is on a different planet to Earth - that red planet.

If you pause the trailer around 1:53 (gotta be quick), the numbers do look like NCC 1701.

From our knowledge, the Enterprise is the only Connie in service, which is shown in the films (so far).

However, there is a shadow/light on the 1 making it had to see.

Here is the image below:

Picture

If it is the Enterprise, it would make sense in my mind - After all, there has been many references to The Wrath of Khan in the trailers and other things, such as the flaling of the Connie Type Ship/Enterprise.

I believe the Enterprise falling, if it is of course, will be near the end of the film. The last scene of the film may introduce the Enterprise A, then it'll warp out into deep space - a perfect ending in my opinion to end the film, and something whatever it is, to set the theme/plot for the 3rd film.

Last edited by enterprise629; 03-21-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 40
03-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartzilla View Post
Yeah it doesn't appear to be the Enterprise from this shot, it's highly likely that whatever Harrison does to Starfleet it takes out a few ships in orbit, possibly to use as "bombs" against earth.

Anyway, you can see more of the damaged Enterprise here.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook