Captain
# 841
03-29-2013, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
Honestly for all the people who think Cryptic and PWE are so greedy...

Go play The old republic and you will see just how very much worse it could be.
I fully support the content of this post.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Career Officer
# 842
03-29-2013, 04:26 AM
just had a sneek peek at the new look hud, awful gastly old fashioned cluncky rubbish, reminds me of the speak&spell toy my kids had back in the 80`s
i guess if you were going for the original series look you just about nailed it.
leave the old interface as it is its silky smooth and futeristic looking and pleasing to the eye, just what you would expect to find from the next gen and beyond.
dont be shocked to find a lot of users gripe if you impliment this`new??` look.
Rihannsu
# 843
03-29-2013, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iticus View Post
To me it would have been more appropriate to make a Dominion faction. The gamma Quadrant is ripe for exploration, The Dominion is said that have many different species and they are the Opposite to the Federation in philosophy. They have a very rich history and background.
While I agree, the Dominion would have been a great faction to add for play, it is because of their diametric opposition that they are BEST utilized as adversaries at this time.

Quote:
The Romulans are xenophobic and only have a handful of other races... while it would be interesting, I feel this is a cop out.
Ummmm ..... that was the Romulan Star Empire of the series. The Romulans, both the Star Empire AND Republic, are by no means xenophobic, otherwise Sela would not have been easily (for Romulan politics) accepted as Empress being half-Romulan, the Hirogen would be little more than what the Nausicaans are to the KDF - hired thugs/second-class (or worse) citizens, and the Federation and KDF would not be allowed near Romulan space (much less a Romulan planet) without an armada of warbirds up their Aft! Canon is NOT being walked all over in this case, it is being evolved as it has been throughout the inception and growth of STO.

I, for one, cannot wait for this. To those proud sons and daughters of Romulus - Jolan tru, and happy hunting until we once again march beneath the Raptor's wings!
Republic Veteran
# 844
03-29-2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:
To me it would have been more appropriate to make a Dominion faction. The gamma Quadrant is ripe for exploration, The Dominion is said that have many different species and they are the Opposite to the Federation in philosophy. They have a very rich history and background.

The Romulans are xenophobic and only have a handful of other races... while it would be interesting, I feel this is a cop out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
Actually, I would have preferred a Dominion or Cardassian faction first.

But at the moment, I'm not really bothered who comes first anymore.

I'm so bored with doing the same old endgame grinds that any faction will be a welcome change from the monotony of Fleet Queues.

Assuming I get my Hirogen Captain that is.
Cryptic still haven't confirmed or denied if we get to play as them for Romulan Faction.
i would say there is a lot about the romulans that will never be known. like... going with out any contact in 50 years or so, yet still being pretty advanced. they never fell behind in their so called 'isolation'. there is nothing to say that they always used that xenophobic approach with every one. there could be a few beta quadrant or fringe delta quadrant species that the romulans really liked lol

i would love to see the cardassian and dominion factions in the game. not sure we will see them sadly. since they have used the ships in lockboxes. 1 thing they always said was they wouldn't ever put romulan ship in lockboxes as they wanted to keep them for when a romulan faction was added to the game. so i'm left wondering if it will ever happen :s would be a shame if it never dose that's for sure.

hopefully legacy of Romulus is a massive success for cryptic gaming wise and business wise. if it is then i'm sure they will work on a cardassian faction next
Commander
# 845
03-29-2013, 04:10 PM
The only way I can see this Pandaren angle working out is if there are factions within the New Romulans, where one is supported by the Feds and the other by the Klingons, and by choosing one of those factions one is allied to the Feds or Klingons by proxy, and it becomes a tit for tat sort of situation.

That's not what it sounds like, though. It sounds like Romulan captains basically go "See you later ****ers" to New Romulus and join the red or blue team based on pure whim.
Empire Veteran
# 846
03-29-2013, 09:37 PM
Why didn't you guys come out and say it was just playable romulans for fed and kdf? why give the false misleading impression it was a faction?

Why bother with all the faction stuff at all?
Ensign
# 847 I'm So Excited!!!
03-30-2013, 04:48 AM
I can hardly wait! Is the TOS Bird-of-Prey confirmed as a skin for the Romulan Starter/Tier 1 ship?
Rihannsu
# 848
03-30-2013, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by repetitiveepic View Post
Why didn't you guys come out and say it was just playable romulans for fed and kdf? why give the false misleading impression it was a faction?

This is my thinking as well. What has been explained to us is not a faction. It is more like a featured story that takes place over levels for the UFP and KDF players.

Join the preeminent Romulan community now!

Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan
(member #124)
Captain
# 849
03-30-2013, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by repetitiveepic View Post

Because it is a faction. You get your own storyline missions, ships, etc. All you don't have are specific endgame content (which the others don't have either) and specific Romulan fleets (which may be coming in the future).

Romulus wasn't built in a day, guys.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Rihannsu
# 850
03-30-2013, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Because it is a faction.
No its not ...

Quote:
You get your own storyline missions, ships, etc.
No, they dont.

Their missions are common, Fed and KDF players have access to "RR" missions, the only diference is you need someone to share the mission with you.

Share, not play it ... its just having someone share, leave group and its on your log.

Duty Officer system is either Fed or KDF, that is what you pick (and I suppose this extends to rewards, that means Enemy Faction BO and in Fed case, the Ambassador outfit unlock), they dont have their own.

Ships ... they have their own AND their "allied" ships, that means the Excelsior, Defiant, Vor'cha, etc ... the only LIMIT is their faction, sorry "alliance".

Quote:
All you don't have are specific endgame content (which the others don't have either) and specific Romulan fleets (which may be coming in the future).
And how you unring the bell that is faction specific uniforms? Or Zen Shop ships?

Quote:
Romulus wasn't built in a day, guys.
You people fail to understand the problem.

This is the problem, they screwed up with the Fleet system and its very much loathed by players and people are fed up on a YEARLY grind but they dont want to fix the problem.

Cryptic doesnt fix problems, they create new ones ... things that dont work are just abandoned until they come up with a new system and then they put it in there (example: The Vault Fleet Action) and perhaps it works, perhaps it doesnt ... as my name says I come at F2P but before that they had many currencies, when Dilithium that was totally not a attempt to be gold sellers themselves *wink*, really! *wink*wink* come about it was to "simplify the currencies", there was EC, Latinum and Dilithium at F2P launch ... now we have to add Fleet Credits, Fleet Marks, Omega Marks and Romulan Marks, in May we are getting Tholian Marks.

Hoe many emblems and marks were there before? sure the system MIGHT not have worked because they never FIXED the problem but we are heading there now in terms of number of currencies.

Now were this affects the Romulan Non-faction?

Because they are setting it in a way its not a faction and they cannot unrig that bell later, it gives too much away, you get to keep your Defiants, Vestas and what else you have on your Zen Store with the only LIMIT being FACTION and that is KDF/Fed FACTION.

This is were its WRONG.