Rihannsu
# 851
03-30-2013, 07:24 PM
@f2pdrakron - Preach on brotherman! Preach on....

Join the preeminent Romulan community now!

Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan
(member #124)
Captain
# 852
03-30-2013, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Their missions are common, Fed and KDF players have access to "RR" missions, the only diference is you need someone to share the mission with you.

Share, not play it ... its just having someone share, leave group and its on your log.
Wrong. From the Ask Cryptic:

"The Romulan Republic was created from the ground up as a complete new faction. They have their own backstory, their own exclusive missions and episode series, exclusive costumes, faction-exclusive social hub, unique playable species, a full ship progression line from level 1 to 50, unique HUD UI, and more."

"Exclusive" means the missions are theirs alone. Except for the FEs, of course.

Quote:
Duty Officer system is either Fed or KDF, that is what you pick (and I suppose this extends to rewards, that means Enemy Faction BO and in Fed case, the Ambassador outfit unlock), they dont have their own.
From the Ask Cryptic:

"In addition to adding Romulan Republic Duty Officers to existing packs in the game, Romulan Republic captains will gain access to the Duty Officers packs of their chosen ally."

Unless that means RR Doffs get added to Klingon and Federation packs (which seems unlikely, albeit not impossible), RR Doffs get their own packs.

Quote:
Ships ... they have their own AND their "allied" ships, that means the Excelsior, Defiant, Vor'cha, etc ... the only LIMIT is their faction, sorry "alliance".
So they have access to another faction's ships. I don't see how that disqualifies them as a faction.

Quote:
And how you unring the bell that is faction specific uniforms? Or Zen Shop ships?
Romulans have both. From the Ask Cryptic:

"There will be ships at every level that can be gained for in game currency as well as Dilithium and C-Store ships. Captains will unlock new costumes in-game as they progress through the story as well as have premium costumes that can be purchased in the c-store."
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Rihannsu
# 853
03-30-2013, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Wrong. From the Ask Cryptic:

"The Romulan Republic was created from the ground up as a complete new faction. They have their own backstory, their own exclusive missions and episode series, exclusive costumes, faction-exclusive social hub, unique playable species, a full ship progression line from level 1 to 50, unique HUD UI, and more."

"Exclusive" means the missions are theirs alone. Except for the FEs, of course.
Wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Want to go play some Romulan missions, but don't want to be a Romulan? Go team up with one and help them with their missions.
I really dont have to say more do I?

Quote:
From the Ask Cryptic:

"In addition to adding Romulan Republic Duty Officers to existing packs in the game, Romulan Republic captains will gain access to the Duty Officers packs of their chosen ally."

Unless that means RR Doffs get added to Klingon and Federation packs (which seems unlikely, albeit not impossible), RR Doffs get their own packs.
What part of Romulan Republic Duty officers says its anything BUT DOFFs, we have Romulan DOFFS in the game already, its just adding more to the packs.

Also what part of "existing packs" you dont want to read?

The system was changed to be at lv 10, guess when Romulans pick a side?

Quote:
So they have access to another faction's ships. I don't see how that disqualifies them as a faction.
Because it kills their identity, we dont have KDF flying Wells ships as we dont have Feds flying Birds-of-Prey, Romulans will for what reason?

When I brought a Defiant I certainly did not expected I would get to use it on the KDF ... yet I can use it with a Romulan?

KDF and Fed have their own shipyards, there is no cross faction access to them ... yet Romulans can bypass that for no reason also this brings up the issue of Romulans flying Imperial Guard ships, something that is Andorian ... and for that matter Caitian Atrox carriers.

And you dont have a problem with that?

Quote:
Romulans have both. From the Ask Cryptic:

"There will be ships at every level that can be gained for in game currency as well as Dilithium and C-Store ships. Captains will unlock new costumes in-game as they progress through the story as well as have premium costumes that can be purchased in the c-store."
So what?

I have a small fleet of Zen Store ships, why on Earth would I claim some Romulan Ship when I have ships I can claim at will?

You have no problem with a Romulan flying a Odyssey, the newest ship of the Federation Fleet and you also dont have a problem with Romulans flying the Bortas, the newest Klingon Battlecruiser and the Empire Flagship.

In short you have no problem that Romulans are nothing but race option for Fed/KDF and dont bring uniforms, Orions have their own uniforms no other race can wear yet they arent their own faction ... in fact they have their own ships, sure Zen Shop ships but still their own ships.

So whats the difference of Orions and Romulans besides Orions having made their choice at generation and being with the KDF?

NONE!

Edit:

Oh, Uniforms ... you mean like the Federation Romulan Uniform and the Klingon Romulan uniform? they are also faction locked to their "allied with" ... meaning those ARENT Romulan uniforms because access to then DEPENDS on being on Fed or KDF.

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 03-30-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Rihannsu
# 854
03-31-2013, 12:03 AM
While I can understand the need for the Romulans to be drawn in to the Fed-KDF conflict, I would have like the option to remain neutral, allied to neither side. Would have made for an interesting true sole faction. And better story line as the two side would have to work hard to entice you to their side of the fight.

UNLESS....... There is a defection system in the works.
Captain
# 855
03-31-2013, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar2009 View Post
While I can understand the need for the Romulans to be drawn in to the Fed-KDF conflict, I would have like the option to remain neutral, allied to neither side. Would have made for an interesting true sole faction. And better story line as the two side would have to work hard to entice you to their side of the fight.

UNLESS....... There is a defection system in the works.
I doubt it highly it is what it is and cryptic is happy with mediocrity

They missed a real chance to make this game stand above the others

But they only did this half baked job and want everyone to be happy with it.

This was a marketing ploy plain and simple to sell keys

Make roms with species specific ships

Make rom lock boxes so everyone can have rom ships

Buy keys please is the theme.

This is the path cryptic has taken and its not about canon or happy playerbase its about the money they can fleece from the sheeple that will buy the keys.
Career Officer
# 856
03-31-2013, 10:21 AM
"All this leaves me with a sneaking suspicion that the new Romulan faction will be somehow split in two. The current Romulan storyline kind of lends itself to this theory, as well as this quote from the announcement "Gather allies, go undercover and find the proof that will rally your people to revolt."
Someone out there knows the answer to these questions. I am only a humble player who is considering all possibilities"

Gee, I guess I was right...couldn't imagine it any other way than to have Roms choose either Fed or KDf for the bulk of their time in-game.

The Pigeonslayer (Uncle Fester)

Syrvallis / Black Irish Ninja / Heywood / T'waat / Cuddle Muffin / Ten of Ten - Starfleet
Slick / S'lyk / Jah'ne / Kim Cardassian / Chi'por / Jarius / K'otex / Biff Urtezor - KDF
Captain
# 857
03-31-2013, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Wrong.

Missed that part. My bad.

Quote:
What part of Romulan Republic Duty officers says its anything BUT DOFFs, we have Romulan DOFFS in the game already, its just adding more to the packs.

Also what part of "existing packs" you dont want to read?
I'm just speculating that by "existing packs" Dstahl means the same system they use for faction-specific packs. I could always be wrong, but that's what I think.

Quote:
Because it kills their identity, we dont have KDF flying Wells ships as we dont have Feds flying Birds-of-Prey, Romulans will for what reason?

When I brought a Defiant I certainly did not expected I would get to use it on the KDF ... yet I can use it with a Romulan?

KDF and Fed have their own shipyards, there is no cross faction access to them ... yet Romulans can bypass that for no reason also this brings up the issue of Romulans flying Imperial Guard ships, something that is Andorian ... and for that matter Caitian Atrox carriers.

And you dont have a problem with that?
I never said I don't have a problem with it. I just don't think that necessarily disqualifies them from being a faction.

If you don't want to fly a Klingon or Fed ship for your Romulan, fine. Grab the free Romulan ships at each rank, and/or buy better ones from the C-store. Nobody's forcing you to fly your allied faction's ships. And I doubt many Romulan players will choose to do so either.

Quote:
So what?

I have a small fleet of Zen Store ships, why on Earth would I claim some Romulan Ship when I have ships I can claim at will?
Because you want to fly Romulan ships. I think you've made that quite clear.

Quote:
Oh, Uniforms ... you mean like the Federation Romulan Uniform and the Klingon Romulan uniform? they are also faction locked to their "allied with" ... meaning those ARENT Romulan uniforms because access to then DEPENDS on being on Fed or KDF.
I'm pretty sure there are "Romulan Republic standard uniforms" as well. They wouldn't force you to wear your ally's uniforms.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Rihannsu
# 858
03-31-2013, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron
Wrong.

It's not that simple. The way I understand the changes to the way teaming works, FEDs will be able to team with KDF players and go help kill Molor. Yeah... That cross-faction thing you're ranting about isn't unique to collaboration between Romulans and their allies. It's a new game feature seperate from that.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Rihannsu
# 859
03-31-2013, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
It's not that simple. The way I understand the changes to the way teaming works, FEDs will be able to team with KDF players and go help kill Molor. Yeah... That cross-faction thing you're ranting about isn't unique to collaboration between Romulans and their allies. It's a new game feature seperate from that.
Well if that is true we can get KDF fighting B'vat that honestly I dont disagree with.

You know what? if they exitend this to Fed/KDF as alliances at Fleet levels I would not have a problem with it, of course there should be restrictions on queues for obvious reasons (SB24 would be silly and even more Scout Force) some (biggus diggus) might even work cross teamed because they are pretty much neutral (even if from a RR PoV thats awkward), the real problem I have is ships if the entire system gets cross-faction that to me is the second biggest issue I have.
Rihannsu
# 860
03-31-2013, 11:50 PM
Yeah I really hope there aren't many cross faction ships here....

Also... I'm not quite sure just how many missions this crossfaction teaming applies to.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!