Ensign
Ever since the Season 8 launch I have been having a problem where the game lags horrendously (1 or 2 FPS) in whatever area I first spawn in. This lag goes away when I load a new area such as beaming up to my ship, and it does not re appear if i beam back down to where I was. It only ever happens at the location I am in at the time when I first log in. This happens regardless of location (space or ground) and happens every single time I start the game.

I'll post my PC's specs here despite the fact that I seriously doubt that my specs are the issue (I get a solid 45 FPS at max settings once I change locations).

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k
GPU: ATI Radeon HD7770
RAM: 16GB

Although I can get rid of the lag by simply changing my location, it is still an annoyance because the FPS is so low that clicking buttons becomes difficult, lol.

Any help here would be great!

Thanks!
-VonFrank
Career Officer
# 2
02-22-2014, 01:36 AM
This huge spawn lag is only for the 1st log in the game once it has been launched:
there is no lag after we change the character, or even if we just disconnect and later reconnect and spawn,
but this first-spawning lag comes back after we quit the game to Windows and immediatly relaunch and then spawn.

Intel Core i3 3220, ATI Radeon HD 7770 1Gb, 8Go RAM, Win 8.1

Last edited by vifarc; 02-22-2014 at 01:43 AM.
Ensign
# 3
02-22-2014, 11:12 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem.

If two of us have the issue then there must be hundreds of silent players out there with the same problem.
Career Officer
# 4
02-24-2014, 07:54 AM
As this spawn lag comes on logging after we actually had quit the game, and there is not this lag after we had disconnect without quiting, then I think it comes not from the game but from (useless?) Arc which should verify and synchronise the connection...
Lieutenant
# 5
02-25-2014, 07:32 AM
I started having this problem over the weekend. Basically the game is a slideshow when I first login until I turn the graphics way down. I thought I had tinkered with it to get it back to normal but I bet it was because I transitioned, not because I found some magic setting. I say that because no matter how good I seem to get it the next login is back to slideshow time.

Today I turned the graphics back down before exiting. I'll see if that keeps the lag fest from appearing on my next login.

I am not running Arc. I had to stop using that. When they make a "Close Arc on game connect" option I'll start using it again.
Captain
# 6
02-25-2014, 09:01 AM
i get this problem also, it goes away either if you log off and back on, change maps which is hard because of lag, or if you wait a few minutes.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Lieutenant
# 7
02-26-2014, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
i get this problem also, it goes away either if you log off and back on, change maps which is hard because of lag, or if you wait a few minutes.
You are right. I had the same lag this morning despite the lower graphics setting so I was just patient and after a couple of minutes it smoothed right on out. I'm putting my graphics back where they were.

I still have no idea why this has suddenly started happening. My nettest and tracecert results are all in the above average to outstanding category per the post in the lag sticky. Ah well, I can live with it as long as it's only a short wait.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-26-2014, 06:07 AM
I was having this problem also,I was using Steam to open the game when it did.When I used Arc to get my free stuff I noticed I didn't have this problem anymore.I now use Arc to run STO.
Lieutenant
# 9
02-27-2014, 04:17 PM
Also if I alt+tab out of the game the game seems to be "Not responding" in the task manager. Also after a patch of the game the GameClient.exe was changed, therefore it was supposed to ask for permission from my firewall (ZoneAlarm free). It did ask for permission for outgoing access, but did not ask for incoming access during the freeze. The lag did not disappear after permitting outgoing access on the next start.
Ensign
# 10
03-06-2014, 06:33 PM
I have this same problem? any word about it?