Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 290
Hi, all.

Just about anything out of sto.perfectworld.com is a mess of unseen images, frames and video thumbnails when loaded in Chrome, and no amount of "reload page" will get it right. Here's a look at the new Legacy of Romulus content:


I checked with Firefox and it all loads and displays just fine, so why not Chrome?

Note: this is the first time EVER that I've had problems viewing a site in Chrome.
Husker - RugBurn
Zaan - Mel'Kor - Zarek
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 104
# 2
03-21-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltinpolar View Post
Hi, all.

Just about anything out of sto.perfectworld.com is a mess of unseen images, frames and video thumbnails when loaded in Chrome, and no amount of "reload page" will get it right. Here's a look at the new Legacy of Romulus content:


I checked with Firefox and it all loads and displays just fine, so why not Chrome?

Note: this is the first time EVER that I've had problems viewing a site in Chrome.
I'm in Chrome now (Version 25.0.1364.172 m) and the site...and extended referenced sites...all seem to be working just fine. Are you version-current?

Last edited by hiplyrustic; 03-21-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,752
# 3
03-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltinpolar View Post
Hi, all.

Just about anything out of sto.perfectworld.com is a mess of unseen images, frames and video thumbnails when loaded in Chrome, and no amount of "reload page" will get it right. Here's a look at the new Legacy of Romulus content:


I checked with Firefox and it all loads and displays just fine, so why not Chrome?

Note: this is the first time EVER that I've had problems viewing a site in Chrome.
Clear your cache. Works fine for me in Chrome (latest version of Chrome too).
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,457
# 4
03-21-2013, 10:43 AM
Unless things have changed, our community manager once clarified that Chrome, despite having just 4 percent less market share than Firefox, is not one of the officially supported browsers the web team develops for. Although they have accounted for it so far with Gateway development.

A clearing of the cache usually fixes the issue for another couple of hundred site visits. If you do not clear the cache it will occasionally return to normal before again bugging out.

This is a PW portal issue though, as it effects all their game websites, particularly with images.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Ensign
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3
# 5
03-21-2013, 10:52 AM
I use Chrome and i see the site just fine.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 290
# 6
03-22-2013, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiplyrustic View Post
I'm in Chrome now (Version 25.0.1364.172 m) and the site...and extended referenced sites...all seem to be working just fine. Are you version-current?
Yes, version 25.0.1364.172 m. I believe Chrome updates itself automatically, so I don't think anyone can have an outdated version, but I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
Unless things have changed, our community manager once clarified that Chrome, despite having just 4 percent less market share than Firefox, is not one of the officially supported browsers the web team develops for.
I thought as much.

Quote:
A clearing of the cache usually fixes the issue for another couple of hundred site visits. If you do not clear the cache it will occasionally return to normal before again bugging out.
I cleared the cache and it did fix the problem for the Legacy of Romulus page, but not for the home page and some of the others, which still look like that even after several reloads.

Quote:
This is a PW portal issue though, as it effects all their game websites, particularly with images.
Glad you mentioned this. Before posting I visited every other PWE game site extensively and they all loaded just fine except STO's, which I find really odd.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.
Husker - RugBurn
Zaan - Mel'Kor - Zarek
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:59 AM.