Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 91
03-25-2013, 05:24 AM
Actually scaled for the time and its costs its Not the highest grossing of all time its actually a flop (did not make three times its production /distribution cost)

if you do not count PRE RELEASE promotion its a success
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,179
# 92
03-25-2013, 05:30 AM
http://www.airlockalpha.com/node/6469

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party


Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 579
# 93
03-25-2013, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
The very fact that The Motionless Picture is the second highest grossing should tell us all something.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 94
03-25-2013, 05:36 AM
AH Domestic
I am talking Globals
(most of Asia really HATED TWOK incidentally)

Domestic doesn't really cover it does it
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,179
# 95
03-25-2013, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
The very fact that The Motionless Picture is the second highest grossing should tell us all something.
It's still the slow moving picture, crappy science, and is a fancy version of The Changling.....and will always live in the shadow of warth of khan, which was more action than science.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party


Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 579
# 96
03-25-2013, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
It's still the slow moving picture, crappy science, and is a fancy version of The Changling.....and will always live in the shadow of warth of khan, which was more action than science.
The difference is Wrath of Khan is not *brainless* action, and even the most outlandish aspects of it such as.. anything the genesis device does, can have an in-universe explanation.

TMP on the other hand had no action, and no science (a pocket calculator from 20 years ago had more processing power than a Voyager probe, I don't care what supertechnology you have you're not making that thing sapient).
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,179
# 97
03-25-2013, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
The difference is Wrath of Khan is not *brainless* action, and even the most outlandish aspects of it such as.. anything the genesis device does, can have an in-universe explanation.

TMP on the other hand had no action, and no science (a pocket calculator from 20 years ago had more processing power than a Voyager probe, I don't care what supertechnology you have you're not making that thing sapient).

Create planets ....we use protomatter.....we create black holes we use Redmatter.....both have crappy sci fi but are equal explanations in fiction when it comes to trek technobabble.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party


Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 98
03-25-2013, 05:57 AM
Actually the voyager probes are only just reaching the edge of the solar zone of attraction
its not too late to detonate them and save ourselves a heap of trouble later on
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,179
# 99
03-25-2013, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Actually the voyager probes are only just reaching the edge of the solar zone of attraction
its not too late to detonate them and save ourselves a heap of trouble later on
LOL, that's okay like all things on Earth...we let our Kids deal with it

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party


Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 579
# 100
03-25-2013, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Create planets ....we use protomatter.....we create black holes we use Redmatter.....both have crappy sci fi but are equal explanations in fiction when it comes to trek technobabble.
Except, no.

For comparsion: The genesis device. It creates life.
Creating a planet from a nebula is a bit of a stretch, but it's already established that rearranges matter according to the matrix it was programmed with. So we can accept that in universe.

Red matter. It creates black holes.
Okay, fine. We can go with that. These black holes are actually time portals.
Okay, this is Trek. Time portals can come out of pretty much anything, alright, fine.
Except... sometimes it creates actual black holes, that are utterly destructive.
Because.... why? Because the plot says so? Why is it a time portal sometimes, and a destroyer other times?

The fact is, where the genesis device is treknology, real within it's own universe, red matter is magic.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:53 PM.