Captain
# 11
03-21-2013, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gong1fu1panda View Post
Cryptic, please don't make the Romulans a wuss!

I was really hoping to play the classic Romulans, Tal'Shiar and all. But I actually I don't mind a fresh start. But... please do not make a second Federation or make us play those fake Romulans on New Romulus.

Aliens have the right to be different from the US!!! It is bad enough they ruined the Ferengi on DS9. Please do not mess up our Romulans with that boring, arrogant Western narcissism!!
Heres an idea make a Tal'Shiar fleet and role play as the Tal'Shiar this is your chance to write your own story enjoy this chance.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
03-21-2013, 09:07 AM
all i can say...

at least people will stop complaining about when we will see D'deridex's in lockboxes.

Anyway I think its not a matter of the new romulans being "wusses" I dont think that would be completely possible. just because they switched from being an empire to a republic things will change that fast. After all im sure the factions cant get through all their bad blood instantly.

I'm sure most the military is still remnants of whats left of the RSE's military and I doubt they will change their tactics that much with a name change, at least at the start. Seeing how the RomRep faction will develop will be interesting.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Captain
# 13
03-21-2013, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
I can't imagine that they have removed the Fed vs Rom missions, or the Romulan 'Enemy Encounters', etc. So there must be 'good' Romulans and 'bad' Romulans. So presumably you play as some faction that opposes the 'bad' Romulans and helps New Romulus, etc.
Here is a thought the "Bad Romulans" are Tal'Shiar or Remnant RSE Military hardliners that wont give up what they once had and lost.
Ensign
# 14
03-21-2013, 09:23 AM
pity we wont be playing the Romulan Star, I was hoping we would be playing a kind of restoration movent aiming to restore the empire to glory, reforming away the worse parts of the empire(reconciliation with remans etc.) and all that.

I just hope the faction will be at least somewhat anti federation by the end.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genericola View Post
pity we wont be playing the Romulan Star, I was hoping we would be playing a kind of restoration movent aiming to restore the empire to glory, reforming away the worse parts of the empire(reconciliation with remans etc.) and all that.

I just hope the faction will be at least somewhat anti federation by the end.
That was also what I was hoping for. New Romulus as a good guy faction would be a greater violation than the J.J. reboot. I was also looking forward to playing a Hirogen. But I guess that would be unlogical since they collaborate with the Tal'Shiar.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
03-21-2013, 11:24 AM
When I first read your title OP, I first had the thought of what I feel has been done to, in my opinion, neuter the Klingons.

The KDF actually felt like they were at war with the Federation at some point, but tons of common enemies (in-story reason) and shared-faction content (out-of-story reason) has put the KDF and the Federation on the same foot, essentially nuking that feel. The two almost feel interchangeable now. There's only so much "alliance to defeat common foes/accomplish common goals" one can take before the two pretty much are allies full-time. Who will the de-fanged Klingon Empire be tasked to protect and rescue next?

The Romulans should have their own path, unclouded by requirement to cooperate with others. Hopefully in their story they aren't leaning like crippled children trying to walk again with the Federation on one arm and the KDF on the other, dictating what they should do (it feels that way on New Romulus right now). As far as their content, it is my hope that Cryptic will avoid the trap of too much shared-faction content forcing a Romulan to act like a Fed officer. My KDF Gorn is still grumbling about having to go back in time to rescue the Federation from the Devidians...

I don't want my experience as a Romulan Republic member to be interchangeable with that as a Klingon Empire warrior or an officer of Starfleet. The militaristic tone of the teaser content today gives me hope it won't be.

The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
"Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"
Captain
# 17
03-21-2013, 11:32 AM
How can they make the Roms a wuss? It seems like a large percentage of the fan-base can't even defeat the simple AI Rom.
Career Officer
# 18
03-21-2013, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
How can they make the Roms a wuss? It seems like a large percentage of the fan-base can't even defeat the simple AI Rom.
lmfao this ^^^
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Captain
# 19
03-21-2013, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
I agree with gong. We'll have to wait and see what the story writer has in mind, i heared she is a big romulan fan sooooo maybe....
Apparently Jack Emmert and Daniel Stahl are both big Klingon fans. But, well ... you can fill in the blanks.
Captain
# 20
03-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Apparently Jack Emmert and Daniel Stahl are both big Klingon fans. But, well ... you can fill in the blanks.
Of course neither of them actually write the stories.