Commander
# 51
03-22-2013, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by calamintha View Post
Why would the Federation allow RSE to join Omega Force after being brutally clear (multiple times!) that RSE will not be allowed to experiment with Borg technology. Why would RSE aid the Federation after an unprovoked attack against a medical research station in 'Divide et Impera' and againts their home planet Rator in 'Preemptive Strike'?

A different Romulan faction would be much easier to integrate into the story.
Because someone slaps Starfleet high command in the head and is like, "Yo, dude, half your ships are infested with borg technology." and then they get kinda embarrassed because they were caught doing stupid stuff.
Commander
# 52
03-22-2013, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermbot View Post
Because someone slaps Starfleet high command in the head and is like, "Yo, dude, half your ships are infested with borg technology." and then they get kinda embarrassed because they were caught doing stupid stuff.
They are not against Borg technology. They are against non-allied factions having it. It's like nuclear weapons.
Commander
# 53
03-22-2013, 05:27 AM
Quote:
They are not against Borg technology. They are against non-allied factions having it. It's like nuclear weapons.
So you've just answered your own question haven't you?

If the RSE joins Omega Force the Federation will stop complaining about them doing what every other member of Omega Force does.
Captain
# 54
03-22-2013, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Why would the Federation allow RSE to join Omega Force after being brutally clear (multiple times!) that RSE will not be allowed to experiment with Borg technology. Why would RSE aid the Federation after an unprovoked attack against a medical research station in 'Divide et Impera' and againts their home planet Rator in 'Preemptive Strike'?

Because that's not the RSE anymore, but the Romulan Republic. I don't know what will happen, but it seems clear it won't be the same empire than before.
Career Officer
# 55
03-22-2013, 06:00 AM
I want to work for Sela, and i will throw Eppohs at D'Tan until he bleeds from the scratches or suffocates from all the fluffy fluff fluff.

Is it too much to ask to be the evil guy just once?

...oh well i guess it is, because without all playable factions holding hands, we can't play coop PvE stuff together...
Commander
# 56
03-22-2013, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
Because that's not the RSE anymore, but the Romulan Republic. I don't know what will happen, but it seems clear it won't be the same empire than before.
Which is why this thread was made.

You will be the one to reshape an empire. Gather allies, go undercover and find the proof that will rally your people to revolt.

Together, you will rise up against an oppressive regime and demand freedom. You will fight for your people.
Republic Veteran
# 57
03-22-2013, 06:52 AM
It is the definition of freedom that worries me the most. If that implies a green Federation mirror for the convenience of it all, what's the point? Apart from sexy ships....

There must be some basic values to fall back to. Suspicion, integrity, and tradition, that's some good basic stuff right there.

---

Lt. Commander
# 58
03-22-2013, 07:43 AM
Quote:

You could easily say that they changed their mind because the Borg is threat is tooooooooo great a challenge. There are far more inconsistencies on the show. But never mind... just hope the new Republic will be clearly different.
Lt. Commander
# 59
03-22-2013, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Is there another US I don't know about that's like the Federation???

Besides your character can be what you want him to be..... All my Feds are evil Section 31 agents and my KDF are good pirates.

My Romulan will be betraying them all, and buying his time to overthrow whoever is in charge of this...republic Palpitine style.
Yeah sure, first the episodes force you to be good and than you go all Section 31 until the next batch of episodes force you to fight Section 31 or something. I'm no big role player and I don't hear voices in my head. Guess I'm hopeless.
Career Officer
# 60
03-22-2013, 08:32 AM
The Romulan Star Empire was never as richly envisioned as the Klingon Empire but there was a particular feel to it that defined it's character, stirred the imagination and made it a worthy foil to the other stellar powers.

"Balance of Terror" introduced to a calculating and clinical enemy distinct from the more aggressive Klingons. TNG continued the development of the culture creating a Byzantine culture where duplicity and paranoia were the order of the day.

These are the Romulans that captured my imagination. I had really hoped for a faction that would add another "pole" to the balance of power within the game. Casting the Romulans as "freedom fighters" seems to me anathema to the character that has made the Romulans such an interesting part of the Trek universe. With their new political ideals the New Romulans don't seem much more than Feds with cloaks. Hopefully this isn't what the majority wanted anyway.