Empire Veteran
# 231
03-22-2013, 05:54 PM
I never like quoting Dan Stahl but he has said in the recent past that he wanted the KDF to start from level 1 and have enough story and content to get to lvl 50. So is this a promise he is keeping. We will find out in May. While I am keeping my hopes low this is something we have been waiting for, for way too long. Maybe this is the time us KDF players will get some equality.

All the promises to the Federation players have been done, Ambassador class, Andorian ships and Vesta class to name a few more recent ones. So they might be looking at finally fulfilling promises to us. Perhaps they are realizing just doing one faction isn't the answer. Perhaps a lot of development for the Federation is now going to be turned into development for the KDF and Romulans.

It's really too early to tell. I guess 2013 is a year that will either make or break STO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 232
03-22-2013, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
This petaQ' doesn't even HAVE a Klingon alt. He's just a Federation fanboy poking the embers.
You're probably right, there. I guess the blue side isn't entertaining enough for them, so they need to get their jollies by winding us up on the forums.

Honestly, I don't know which is worse. Someone making a troll thread in the first place, or said troll thread getting over 230 replies.
Empire Veteran
# 233
03-22-2013, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
This petaQ' doesn't even HAVE a Klingon alt. He's just a Federation fanboy poking the embers.
Cha-ching! Tell him what he's won, johnny! A WINNER!

I just find it funny how the noble idea that is Star Fleet as designed by its creator seems to have no small of those whom enjoy being the bully, the thug and the sadist for kicks behind that little chevron
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Captain
# 234
03-22-2013, 09:53 PM
KDF gets to start from level.... Full power to whine!

Some people just can not be pleased.
Captain
# 235
03-22-2013, 10:27 PM
Honestly? If even half the people who post so religiously here on the forums about the KDF being treated like a second class faction played STO, we'd make up the majority of the people who play STO.

Pick up your bat'leth and stop complaining. Throwing a public hissy fit is unworthy of a warrior of the Empire.
On a mission to put the "Casual" back into "Casual Player"

The only gear any ship or Away Team really needs is a competent Captain.

Captain
# 236
03-22-2013, 11:43 PM
I *LIKED* being the second-class faction. 2 is a bigger number than 1!

Now they've gone and ruined it. Expect an influx of clueless noobs, and 20 more levels of meaningless BS to wade through before you can start actually playing the game.
Captain
# 237
03-23-2013, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
So, what happened yesterday? Yesterday the KDF won 2 battles and big ones if I may add. We finally got to have our faction start from the beginning as the Federation.
We finally got the possibility to edit & customize the UI that prevented many people from trying the KDF.
100% agreed ... , however :

Quote:
Do we forget about this and neglect those 2 victories, just because the Romulans also won a big battle on another front the same day?
I don't think it's an issue of neglecting 'our' victories , as much as a feeling of being overshadowed by the Rommy release .
There's no 'hype' for the KDF .
Everything is Green .
The not so subtle subtext is right there : "Go play Romulans" .

It's been 4 months since S.7 debuted in mid November .
In an ideal world , Crypic would have finished the KDF soon after (part of the tutorial was already finished as I recall) -- and launched (or re-launched) the KDF with proper fan fare , pomp and circumstance (and free advertisement via Massively) .
That way the KDF fans would have felt hat they got their due .
(and would have proceeded to complain about no new KDF endgame content )

Honestly ... , I think that both the Feds and the KDF will 'loose' a bit in S.Not 8 .
If we get new STF's at least there will be something to do .
If not ... then it's either make a new toon to experience KDF 1-20 , or make a new toon and experience Romville 1-50 .

And as Mr.Worf would say ... : "Rrrrrrrromulans ... "
http://s28.postimg.org/663z5paa5/New_Sig_2_14.png
For more info click : Here and here .
Captain
# 238
03-23-2013, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
You're probably right, there. I guess the blue side isn't entertaining enough for them, so they need to get their jollies by winding us up on the forums.

Honestly, I don't know which is worse. Someone making a troll thread in the first place, or said troll thread getting over 230 replies.
No, he said so himself in this thread, now that it's merged with the other troll thread he posted.
Captain
# 239
03-23-2013, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Agreed. However, I have a Mirror Universe Qin Raptor. Therefore, your argument is invalid
As a lifelong Star Trek fan, I've always thought the Bad Guys had waaay cooler ships. Swanning about the Beta Quadrant in my very own D'Deridex is something I look forward to.

Quote:
Now they've gone and ruined it. Expect an influx of clueless noobs, and 20 more levels of meaningless BS to wade through before you can start actually playing the game.
"Clueless n00bs"? Ya mean like we were the 1st time we played STO. Naah, nobody will ever top our record for most "die throughs" in a single Tutorial. Yet you speak as if the STFs are the only part of the game you want to bother with anyway. So you play this game for fifteen or twenty missions and drop the results into the Starbase or Embassy and then go back to the Dilthium mines to do it all again tomorrow. That's not playing a game. That's work. I work to earn a paycheck. When I come to STO, I am on my time and I am going to play.

"Meaningless BS to wade through"? Being able to shape my next Klink from the very beginning is exciting. I find the thought people can now start as a tlhIngan (or Rihannsu) and never ever once need to play as a Fed to progress within the Empire, in effect dabble in being a Starfleeter, rather than play alongside them, very refreshing. There are large numbers of Foundry missions which are every bit as good as the "official" ones. Some are even better. There is enough content right now if someone wanted to, they could form a Fleet which only does Ground missions. And not just the STF ones, either.

To reiterate, I have a Mirror Universe Qin Raptor. Therefore, your argument is invalid. With this change, I get to play as the Bad Guys all the time rather than just when Cryptic allows it now (w00t!)
On a mission to put the "Casual" back into "Casual Player"

The only gear any ship or Away Team really needs is a competent Captain.

Empire Veteran
# 240
03-23-2013, 05:48 AM
Quote:

And others have actually been asking for this for years, and I am happy with the changes, with every RPG I have played you start as a lowbie at level 1 and progress through a mission arc telling a main story as you progressively get better, the foundry isn't a replacement for that,

We need new blood and a whole lot of 'noobs' so we can get new toys and more options, and perhaps a few bug fixes and the best way to get this is via a complete factions starting at level 1, although its up to Cryptic to make sure it gets advertised.

Oh and 3 full factions should provide a good basis for PVP, maybe even some form of RVR.
Closed Thread