Commander
# 331
10-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazia9191 View Post
So then the answer is yes. How do you justify charging people when fleets like Reddit Alert, House of Snoo, Shutup Wesley, Nerds of Prey, Liberty Taskforce, and even House of Beautiful offer the same services for free?

I'm sorry, but this seems pretty shady, especially for a fleet with "Federation" tags. If income is gained from tricking players into believing that SB access is something worth paying for (maybe true in the past, but it has undoubtedly changed over the past few months), then it seems more like a quick cash scheme than anything else. None of the other fleets offering free services have put in any less work than you have, so I don't know what point you're trying to make. I guess I was hoping that fans of Trek would make attempts to incorporate the ideals of Trek into the game by helping other players, not picking their pockets.
If you don't like what our fleet does move on. It was nice Knowing you. Like we said we cant make everyone happy and we don't try to make everyone happy. So you could not troll Dura in zone chat. so you troll our fleet in the forum do you have a life? Plus you guys are part of goon squad you charge your members monthly fees to be in your fleets. just search goon squad

For the very best online gaming experience on star trek online. Join Task Force Spectre

http://youtu.be/UQAjqK9L1Bk

Last edited by suzy32; 10-08-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Lieutenant
# 332
10-09-2013, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy32 View Post
If you don't like what our fleet does move on. It was nice Knowing you. Like we said we cant make everyone happy and we don't try to make everyone happy. So you could not troll Dura in zone chat. so you troll our fleet in the forum do you have a life? Plus you guys are part of goon squad you charge your members monthly fees to be in your fleets. just search goon squad
I am not Dental and never was Dental, however I watched one of your guys arguing with a Dental in ESD zone, and as much as I dislike SFD, they have a point. Where does the money go? I hope it somehow trickles down to the other 700 or so members or does it go directly into your bank?
Commander
# 333
10-09-2013, 06:24 AM
Quote:
I am not Dental and never was Dental, however I watched one of your guys arguing with a Dental in ESD zone, and as much as I dislike SFD, they have a point. Where does the money go? I hope it somehow trickles down to the other 700 or so members or does it go directly into your bank?
How interesting I never said which fleet how you knew? I will tell you how you knew you are all Part of Goon Squad . T.F.S only answer to it members you not part of it. You are Just a wanna be troll. You and your trolls try to troll Dura twice in zone chat and failed. You and your so call trolls are a Sad. From Dura Did you Ask permission from your fleet leader you know the one you must address as My Dear Leader before you can talk to him. I know you will continue to keep posting NONSENSE on our forum post. But when does it stop we have over 800 members if we start writing on your Fleet forum post where does it get us the answer is nowhere. I know you will continue knock yourself out. It Just prove my point of most of you guys in the Goon squad are PATHETIC"

For the very best online gaming experience on star trek online. Join Task Force Spectre

Last edited by suzy32; 10-09-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Lieutenant
# 334
10-09-2013, 06:33 AM
I do not understand why you care how we run our fleet if you are not a member.

We are doing something right that's for sure. (Finishing every major project first, having many members active, always creating new fleets for expanding)

We charge for access for none fleet members to our store. If someone can get access for free good for him/her. I do not find a reason to justify it. And the reason that others do it so should we, is like "if someone goes and jump from a cliff I should go and jump as well" mentality.

As for donation requirement, simple reason is that you need fleet credits to buy fleet gear, if someone has already FC from other fleet, as was my case when I joined, good for him or her.
Fed Sci: Tethys U.S.S. Chronos Aionios, U.S.S. Denomon Gnosis {Fleet: HSF}
KDF Eng: Boreas I.K.S. Demonon Nemesis {Fleet: HoS}
Rom Sci: Crius I.R.W. Noctem Aeternus {Fleet: LoS}
Fed Tac: Kronos U.S.S. Xibalba, I.S.S. Theogonia{Fleet: HSF}
Captain
# 335
10-09-2013, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcorian View Post
According to a short survey among our members... (100 member replied):
  • 51 % are from the USA
  • 11 % are from Germany
  • 8 % are from Canada
  • 8 % are from the UK
  • 3 % are from Romania
  • 2 % are from Australia
  • 2 % are from Croatia ........ + me = 3 %
  • 2 % are from Hungary
  • 2 % are from Ireland
  • 1 % are from Cyprus
  • 1 % are from France
  • 1 % are from India
  • 1 % are from Italy
  • 1 % are from New Zealand
  • 1 % are from Pakistan
  • 1 % are from Serbia
  • 1 % are from Slovakia
  • 1 % are from Slovenia
  • 1 % are from Spain
  • 1 % are from Sweden

Great fleet with lots of people on the fleet chat who are very helpful !
Career Officer
# 336
10-09-2013, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronosath View Post
I do not understand why you care how we run our fleet if you are not a member.

We are doing something right that's for sure. (Finishing every major project first, having many members active, always creating new fleets for expanding)

We charge for access for none fleet members to our store. If someone can get access for free good for him/her. I do not find a reason to justify it. And the reason that others do it so should we, is like "if someone goes and jump from a cliff I should go and jump as well" mentality.

As for donation requirement, simple reason is that you need fleet credits to buy fleet gear, if someone has already FC from other fleet, as was my case when I joined, good for him or her.
Though I don't care enough to overly involved in this discussion, I will make two points:
Firstly: Shutup Wesley finished everything first.
Secondly: An opinion that differs from yours is not "nonsense"
Personal T6 Ship Wishlist:

Nova/Rhode Island class with Hybrid Pilot BOFF seat.

That is all. (guess this wasn't really a 'list' after all!)
Commander
# 337
10-09-2013, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Though I don't care enough to overly involved in this discussion, I will make two points:
Firstly: Shutup Wesley finished everything first.
Secondly: An opinion that differs from yours is not "nonsense"

Shut up Wesley only first in dil mines by 2 hours. the rest was Task Force Spectre first with pride of the federation came in 2nd. http://youtu.be/Qe-Yk34M4Og But shut up Wesley was on the 10 top fleet that is a fantastic job

Last edited by suzy32; 10-09-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Captain
# 338
10-09-2013, 09:40 AM
Quote:
When ships and services were still being advertised for sale, all profits went to the fleet bank. The fleet hosts contests/events with prizes for members. Examples of said contests being: stf clear times, pvp matches, create a costume that looks like x, and so on. A single event that is scheduled obviously won't appeal to everyone due to the fact that the fleet is diverse and it's members have different interests when it comes to gameplay. To make sure members don't feel alienated we try to keep a good selection of events running with nice prizes such as lump sums of ec or lockbox/lobi ships. That is where the money goes into the fleet bank.

Back when selling services was still a common thing that people desired (now it is obviously obsolete due to free invites so we don't even offer that) we even ran an event where the member who attracted a customer would get 50% of the ec they paid, again the rest would go into the fleet bank to help provide event prizes and such.

I hope that helps answer your question(s).
Career Officer
# 339
10-09-2013, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy32 View Post
Shut up Wesley only first in dil mines by 2 hours. the rest was Task Force Spectre first with pride of the federation came in 2nd. http://youtu.be/Qe-Yk34M4Og But shut up Wesley was on the 10 top fleet that is a fantastic job
I found this thread on the topic http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=848091 with another thread linked within http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...php?p=12312871

It... differs from your account of finishing first.
Commander
# 340
10-09-2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardat View Post
I found this thread on the topic http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=848091 with another thread linked within http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...php?p=12312871

It... differs from your account of finishing first.

Read what I wrote again!!! dil mines yes, nothing else. but you can say what you want. enjoy yourself. Surprise you not claming starbase also.

Last edited by suzy32; 10-09-2013 at 12:47 PM.