Career Officer
# 101
03-27-2013, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgresearcher View Post
i didn't say science's are weak,
but make a sci build with the same ship
, with a tac and a sci, and i bet the tac wins
...you really think my tac-wells outclasses a sci-wells, or a tac-bug a sci-bug?! ... that made me lol'd, no offence

edit: tested different ships and builds in pvp (owning 25 ships out of all classes), so my answer is not without any experience .

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc/Rom: Lag Industries - D'Waste/Fed-Sci: Lag Industries - IAM
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PvP improvements, coming since 2010 lol
Career Officer
# 102
03-27-2013, 04:23 AM
Quote:
nah, it's cool, but its impressive how the community reacts to this kind of things, everything is cool for em, but they whine in game like some tasmanian devils, it's unfair that tacs can boost
every single thing in the game, subnuke is not what you think ussu, you can use st to clear it, and you might still use teams, for example, if you are subnuked, you still can use tactical team or rsp to mitigate some damage, even if you dont have a science team to clear the effect of subnuke, but we are not talking about captain skills, the only captain skill i think its really bad is nadion inversion, im talking that tacs can boost sci skills better than scientists, and scientists dont have that kind of synergy on tactical skills, anyway, fbp need's to stop beeing boosted by tacs, fbp is reaching absurd numbers without prtg or any aux at all, at least in that someone's gotta agree
I agree from the standpoint of when sci in a sci ship is alone it shows, instead of nerfing the science skills they should have nerfed the tact captains ability to boost certain skills, it's really poor balance technique because not all pvpers pvp 100% of the time nor should they be required to do so to do anything.

It's kinda like giving your medic buddy rubber bullets while you keep the real bullets because you're tactical and the only time he can do any damage is when you switch out his ammo temporarily while you two are fighting together. The moment he goes back to fighting solo without your bullets to improve his damage output he's screwed.

That's what I'm seeing. Science skills are the key reason why space travel is possible in this game and because of science skills on captains extra damage can unfold not to mention CC but for some reason the devs have it in their head that science skills don't really do what they did in the series so science skills on a science captain are pretty much useless for the most part unless you are dealing with healing and even then....

Ever try to heal on the ground as a science captain? Same thing applies. It's far easier to heal as an engineer on the ground then it is to heal as a science captain, it's like they've forgotten that doctors in sick bays were where everyone went to get healing especially in battle situations. Just beam down a device bla bla blah and everyone thinks that's perfectly normal.

Completely wonky and non canon stuff going on here.
I would like for the devs to open a poll/feedback thread on what exactly the players would like to see in the near future for the game.
Captain
# 103
03-27-2013, 04:26 AM
Quote:
i didn't say science's are weak,
but make a sci build with the same ship
, with a tac and a sci, and i bet the tac wins
So, Sci/Sci vs Tac/Sci with the same ship and BOff arrangements.

Same pets.

Same abilities.

A mirror match.

And you're dead certain the Tac/Sci guy will win?
If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
Commander
# 104
03-27-2013, 04:39 AM
yes if repulsors, psw, gw, or fbp are in the build, plus some uni consoles, yes im pretty much convinced it would

because tac's could boost those dmg makers, and sci's dont have that kind of effect in boff skills or consoles
the rest is a captain skill battle wich i believe its very balanced, leaving sci's with no extra boost on the ship's effect

only chance i see is the subnuke clearing a couple captain skills, but the tac guy would be too stupid if he just popped all the skills at once
it's not the ship or the build, it's the atitude

Last edited by borgresearcher; 03-27-2013 at 04:45 AM.
Career Officer
# 105
03-27-2013, 04:52 AM
Quote:
yes if repulsors, psw, gw, or fbp are in the build, plus some uni consoles, yes im pretty much convinced it would

because tac's can boost those dmg makers, and sci's dont have that kind of effect in boff skills or consoles
the rest is a captain skill battle wich i believe its very balanced, leaving sci's with no extra boost on the ship's effect
--> sn
--> vm
--> ss
--> fbp
--> shield strip
--> cluster transphasics/hy plasma (what a lot of scis seem to run in pvp these days)
---> (add your own crappy sci-tactic ;D)...
what can i do as a tac against such attacks? almost nothing without a sci on side!
and if i focus on sci abilities as a tac to run on my build? i probably will loose a lot of survivability i guess. where to put he, where to put tss f.e.?

....this leads to nowhere i guess, because it's mostly about believe and feeling. test it out and you will know for sure, that's my suggestion ...

btw: own no more respec tokens, so i'm out from testing ;(...

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc/Rom: Lag Industries - D'Waste/Fed-Sci: Lag Industries - IAM
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
Commander
# 106
03-27-2013, 04:58 AM
too bad shield strip sucks
scramble sensors does nothing against a skilled player
viral matrix sucks now with human boffs giving 100% subsystem repair plus it can't disable shields and it is countered by engineering team
cluster and high yeld plasmas are not skills, and they can be boosted better by tacs
leaving you with repulsors which was nerfed because of tacs
and fbp which can be stupidly boosted by tacs even without prtg

i said with the same build btw

Last edited by borgresearcher; 03-27-2013 at 05:18 AM.
Career Officer
# 107
03-27-2013, 05:25 AM
Quote:
too bad shield strip sucks
scramble sensors does nothing against a skilled player
viral matrix sucks now with human boffs giving 100% subsystem repair plus it can't disable shields and it is countered by engineering team
and the cluster and high yeld plasmas can be boosted better by tacs
leaving you with repulsors which was nerfed because of tacs
and fbp which can be stupidly boosted by tacs even without prtg

i said with the same build btw
...shield strip kills ^^...
ss always at least confuses
vm is absolutely effective (running 3 humans on most of my builds)
...again: shared cd with tt. so no fun in et without an rsp ready ^^
...where the sn has gone?! ...

torps can be better boosted by tacs, yep.... they're tacs... but again:
tacs do damage.
scis kill.

don't believe it?
again: test it out proper before asking for a nerf plz ... means: get a tac-bud with respec tokens (buy him some ), and just test it.
of course tacs do more damage. you complain about boosted sci-damage from tacs. then checkout the full effectiveness of the sci-class to see if this really is an issue. it's not from here, absolutely .
...may i try it from the other side later (giving my sci-boffs the suggested abilites, grabbing my wells and see if i can do more damage than with current abilites.... my guess: i will just die a lot more due to less survivability).

Commander
# 108
03-27-2013, 05:33 AM
shield strip kills ... scramble at least confuses, vm is absolutelly effective...

we are playing star trek online and this is its forum, wake up !

tacs do damage, scis kill ? how can you kill someone without damage ?
the objective of scientists is to use alternative ways of dmaging, or skills that makes the enemy vulnerable

but since those alternative ways of damage were nerfed a lot
and there are no windows of oportunity because they were nerfed
shield stripping is so useless that i feel bad for saying it
well, the rest, the rest is energy siphon that i think it is the only viable option that tacs can't touch
and fbp/repulsors that tac's can boost a lot

try 2 copies of fbp or repulsors in those 2 builds, and let me know who won lol
Career Officer
# 109
03-27-2013, 05:38 AM
Quote:

we are playing star trek online and this is its forum, wake up !

tacs do damage, scis kill ? how can you kill someone without damage ?

lol... you ever pvp?! i really start to ask myself if that is the case ^^.... they kill by shutting down, debuffing, etc.... how many times a sci comes on side and just perform the tactic as described? a lot of times.... and how many times it works? quite more often than you seem to believe...
shield strip isn't effective? .... check, i'm out. have fun in the forums or wake up and start to learn and play the game ...

Last edited by wast33; 03-27-2013 at 05:41 AM.
Commander
# 110
03-27-2013, 05:45 AM
wow ... yeah... that really made my mind !

ill start using vm3 and 2 copies of tachyon beam from now on !!!!
looool