Survivor of Romulus
# 21
03-21-2013, 08:07 PM
Taris and Toreth were awesome Romulans!
Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Either the Romulan Commander Spock seduced in TOS's The Enterprise Incident or the Commander in TOS's Balance of Terror
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-21-2013, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassadormolari View Post
I'd have to agree on Tomalok. From what little we saw of him, he was a great villain. Sadly, like G'Kar from Babylon 5, he's a character whom we shall never see any more of.

On the flip side, the unnamed Romulan commnder from the TOS episode "The Balance of Terror" gets my vote. Unlike Tomalok, he was an honourable adversary who chose to go down with his ship, and an example of how not every single enemy is a moustache-twirling villain.
My biggest gripe with TNG is what they did to the Romulans. In TOS they where honorable and civilized enemies while the Klingons were dishonorable Fascist stand ends. But in TNG they turned the Klingons into Space Viking Samurais ? and the Romulans became cowardly. Don't even get me started on that stupid forhead ridge TNG added. I mean seriously the Romulans are simple a separatist Vulcan nation not a different species. And Vulcans don't have forhead ridges. Grrrr!
Career Officer
# 24
03-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Has to be Tomalok, Very menacing and quite sarcastic. Andreas did him very well. then again im a fan of Andreas Katsulas so im biased, G'kar was awsome. Sarcastic Naan, Sarcastic Romulan.

Empire Veteran
# 25
03-21-2013, 08:33 PM
First dead one of the day.

Heir to the high pony of holier than thou, Guardian of the Sacred Mallet of Thwarting, and giver of Baptismal raspberries since 02/02/2010
Captain
# 26
03-21-2013, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeolusdallas View Post
My biggest gripe with TNG is what they did to the Romulans. In TOS they where honorable and civilized enemies while the Klingons were dishonorable Fascist stand ends. But in TNG they turned the Klingons into Space Viking Samurais ? and the Romulans became cowardly. Don't even get me started on that stupid forhead ridge TNG added. I mean seriously the Romulans are simple a separatist Vulcan nation not a different species. And Vulcans don't have forhead ridges. Grrrr!
So because the original series had a budget you or I could pull out of our pocket, Star Trek should be gimped from writing anything actually interesting for the next 40 years?
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-21-2013, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
So because the original series had a budget you or I could pull out of our pocket, Star Trek should be gimped from writing anything actually interesting for the next 40 years?
What part of Romulans ARE Vulcans don't you understand? And what does budget have to do with taking the Romulans , the civilized and honorable enemy and reversing them into cowardly and dishonorable?
Republic Veteran
# 28
03-21-2013, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeolusdallas View Post
What part of Romulans ARE Vulcans don't you understand? And what does budget have to do with taking the Romulans , the civilized and honorable enemy and reversing them into cowardly and dishonorable?
cheaper to make Space mongolian klingons

“confession is good for the soul”

Lt. Commander
# 29
03-21-2013, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
cheaper to make Space mongolian klingons
I know that is the reason they added Klingons in the first place but it still doesn't answer my question.
Captain
# 30
03-21-2013, 11:28 PM
Tomalak and Sela for sure, I'm not quite sure which I prefer though. A pity Tomalak is on permanent 'retirement' in STO right now, hopefully he resurfaces in the romulan faction storyline, but considering the devs seem to have made the conscious decision to make the romulan faction a bit more kid friendly by making them freedom fighters, I doubt he would return as anything other than an antagonist, if at all.