Career Officer
# 1 No Lowbies in Fleet Events
03-28-2013, 11:51 AM
I understand their need to earn Fleet Marks, but everytime I have one of these in a Fleet Event, the event always fails. Which means Fleet Marks lost and Time lost due to these lowbies.

So please give them seperate queues than putting them in end-game.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
03-28-2013, 12:34 PM
So don't queue for fleet events (which are FOR "lowbies")
Career Officer
# 3
03-28-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I understand their need to earn Fleet Marks, but everytime I have one of these in a Fleet Event, the event always fails. Which means Fleet Marks lost and Time lost due to these lowbies.
Not for nothing, but there is a common denominator of you in all these supposed failed Fleet Actions. Just saying.

I've been in a few where I was the only VA and we were able to finish no problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Captain
# 4
03-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
I've been in a few where I was the only VA and we were able to finish no problem.
Not too much of a problem when you got crappy Tier 0 opponents, where 1-2 40+ can carry the whole event. 3 Mirandas and Tholians and you can pretty much quit right away.

Not only is it a PITA for any high levels having to carry a group, but also for lowies who spend more time waiting to respawn than actually playing.

They should simply introduce brackets in the same way they're handling most other queues. Brackets for every 10 levels, but enable it so people of all levels/ranks can play together in private queues.
Commander
# 5
03-28-2013, 12:57 PM
I think the problem here is more fundamental: level scaling for different levels to play together sucks donkey balls in STO, and needs to be fixed.

I have no particular knowledge of the details, but I suspect that it does not take into account that lower level players have fewer weapons and skills than higher level players; adding some bonuses to account for this would probably be beneficial.

Weapon damage, shield capacity, shield regeneration, and power cooldown should all be boosted for lower level players, substantially beyond how they're already boosted.
Captain
# 6
03-28-2013, 01:07 PM
Been running my new T5 cruiser lately, and have had a ugly losing streak as well.

...But your lowbie que idea wouldn't have kept me out of your game azurian.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
# 7
03-28-2013, 02:25 PM
I win 9 out of 10, lowbies or not.

Game is tuned for ~3-4k dps each, I do twice that on a bad day when I first wake up. I can carry a lowbie or 2.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Empire Veteran
# 8
03-28-2013, 03:52 PM
What might be good is to bump the requirements to join them up to level 10 at least, so then you aren't dealing with Mirandas and (eventually) starter BoPs.

Honestly, the real annoyance to me with lowbies in FM runs is that not as much higher level gear drops. Otherwise I can carry them pretty well. At least enough for one or two of them.

Career Officer
# 9
03-28-2013, 05:32 PM
I could go for that, the Mirandas are a bit much I suppose.

Still, I might want to level an alt one day, and farming fleet events would sure make it go quicker...

A non issue in the long run, tho, level 10 is what, 20 minutes of running around ESD clearing the green tutorial missions out of your log and saving the Azura?
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Career Officer
# 10
03-29-2013, 08:30 AM
I've actually been having less of an issue with this lately. For one, I've gotten a lot better since S6 first launched, and I can carry lowbies a lot better. Also, general power creep is setting in with Fleet and Rep stuff, so the usual Klingons and whatnot aren't even a challenge. The boss ships at the end used to take sustained focused fire to take down, now they melt in 30 seconds. I can, alone, strip a shield facing on my alpha and start pounding into their hull.

I do agree though. It would be more fun for everybody if the queues would gate according to rank like the FA and PvP queues do. VAs wouldn't have to carry lowbies, and the lowbies would actually get to play instead of being stuck in a loop of exploding and waiting to respawn.