SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Rihannsu
# 12
03-21-2013, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshirtthefirst View Post
Like I said in another thread, it's So'Hot, temporal daughter of T'Boobs
lmfao toooo funny
the age of launcher... is over...!! the time of the ARC has come!!!!!!!!!
One ARC to rule them all, One ARC to find them,
One ARC to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!
actual joining date = no one cares!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-21-2013, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshirtthefirst View Post
Like I said in another thread, it's So'Hot, temporal daughter of T'Boobs
And So'Hot has been a popular name over in my thread. link in my siggy.
Career Officer
# 14
03-21-2013, 01:16 PM
So I better get this done:

So'Hot (tm)

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Empire Veteran
# 15
03-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Romuelfs? LOTR meets STO? Me thinks there's a conspiracy at play here with the goal of drawing LOTR players to STO.

Edit: Rihannsu could be changed to Rielfsu. What do you think? Ri-elf-su sounds kind of catchy.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!

Last edited by knuhteb5; 03-21-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Captain
# 16
03-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
You do realise Romulan/Vulcan ears have been extremely varied over the years, right?
Hell look at Nero's.

Personally I think she looks fine, and is a vast improvement over the "Oh look I'm skipping around and showing you my gigantic boobies, teehee!" lady.
Nero was a Romulan? I never would have guessed, I thought he was a genetic fusion of Shinzon with a Klingon.

On a more serious note, I agree in that I don't think that the Rommulan lady really has any problems. Her ears are big, and her hair is long for a rommulan, but I don't see it as being in 'elf territory' like was the case with the 'vulcan' we got previously.

Hoestly, I'm more concerned with the fact that neither she, nor any of the Romulans in the trailer are wearing RSE uniforms, and that the little blurbs mention that we will be members of the "Romulan Republic' Instead of the Romulan Star Empire....
Empire Veteran
# 17
03-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catoblepasbeta View Post
Nero was a Romulan? I never would have guessed, I thought he was a genetic fusion of Shinzon with a Klingon.

On a more serious note, I agree in that I don't think that the Rommulan lady really has any problems. Her ears are big, and her hair is long for a rommulan, but I don't see it as being in 'elf territory' like was the case with the 'vulcan' we got previously.

Hoestly, I'm more concerned with the fact that neither she, nor any of the Romulans in the trailer are wearing RSE uniforms, and that the little blurbs mention that we will be members of the "Romulan Republic' Instead of the Romulan Star Empire....
TBH, the Romuelf lady looks like she's wearing Romulan pajamas or civies. In either case, it's a cool looking uniform. I like the slender and tight fitting uniforms as opposed to the bulky TNG Rommie uniforms.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Captain
# 18
03-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
TBH, the Romuelf lady looks like she's wearing Romulan pajamas or civies. In either case, it's a cool looking uniform. I like the slender and tight fitting uniforms as opposed to the bulky TNG Rommie uniforms.
I wouldn't mind that as much except that the emphasis on the uniform, the exclusion of the classic uniform, and the fact that we won't be playing as the RSE after all, and instead as freedom fighters could mean that we don't even have the *option* of the bulky TNG uniforms, or even the updated STO ones that we see romulan NPCs running around in.
Commander
# 19
03-21-2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catoblepasbeta View Post
It's better design than the fugly, "we sprouted forehead ridges even though we're just exiled, xenophobic Vulcans, oh and we're only allowed haircuts inspired by the Three Stooges" look of The Next Generation.
Captain
# 20
03-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkelfofficer View Post
It's better design than the fugly, "we sprouted forehead ridges even though we're just exiled, xenophobic Vulcans, oh and we're only allowed haircuts inspired by the Three Stooges" look of The Next Generation.
You seem pretty hostile to the idea of romulans in general-you had the same complaint about them in at least one of the other romulan topics. Do you really want to play as Romulans?

I think giving them their own distinctive clothing and hairstyle, along with the forehead ridges went a long way to making them distinct. Also odd that you would have a problem with their hairstyle beign different from the vulcans, considering their hairstyles are not that much different anyways.

More on topic: I think she looks fine, a bit different from the Romulan norm, but still recognizably romulan. And more importantly not tarted up to the ridiculous extent the Vulcan lady was, which was ridiculous.