Captain
# 21
03-21-2013, 02:05 PM
It's a faaaaaaaake!
Empire Veteran
# 22
03-21-2013, 02:08 PM
Devs, I'd just like to state that I'd gladly spend Zen on the 'bulky TNG' Romulan uniform, and that the opinions of other players that don't like it doesn't reflect my own POV.

Commander
# 23
03-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catoblepasbeta View Post
You seem pretty hostile to the idea of romulans in general-you had the same complaint about them in at least one of the other romulan topics. Do you really want to play as Romulans?
I've been waiting for a playable Romulan faction since around launch. What's not to like about the Roman Empire in space? And the Warbird is probably the best starship design to come out of all Star Trek. What I'm hostile to is the godawful make-up and costume design they suffered in TNG.

I don't expect the TNG concepts to not be present, I'd just like to have the TOS character design available too.

Quote:
I think giving them their own distinctive clothing and hairstyle, along with the forehead ridges went a long way to making them distinct. Also odd that you would have a problem with their hairstyle beign different from the vulcans, considering their hairstyles are not that much different anyways.
They're not supposed to be distinct. They're supposed to be Vulcans that rejected the notion that logic is the end-all-be-all. In fact, one of the key story points in "Balance of Terror" is that they and Vulcans are indistinguishable.
Captain
# 24
03-21-2013, 02:17 PM
The original series has a lot of really dumb plot holes the other series needed 20 years to plug.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Captain
# 25
03-21-2013, 02:18 PM
Why are all the avatars portrayed as juveniles or near juveniles? How about a mature female Romulan instead for the mature Trekkers! "Damn your condescension Cryptic!"
Captain
# 26
03-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkelfofficer View Post
I've been waiting for a playable Romulan faction since around launch. What's not to like about the Roman Empire in space? And the Warbird is probably the best starship design to come out of all Star Trek. What I'm hostile to is the godawful make-up and costume design they suffered in TNG.

I don't expect the TNG concepts to not be present, I'd just like to have the TOS character design available too.

They're not supposed to be distinct. They're supposed to be Vulcans that rejected the notion that logic is the end-all-be-all. In fact, one of the key story points in "Balance of Terror" is that they and Vulcans are indistinguishable.
I'd just like to point out that Pretty much everything got overhauled from TOS to the TOS movies to the TNG-era, rommulans included, you remember what Klingons used to look like before the TOS movies, right? If there's a TOS helmet available, you can cover up the ridges anyhow, and who knows? perhaps there wil lbe a vulcan zen store unlock, so you can look exactly like a TOS rommulan. I think there is a lot more valid concern for them shying away from the TNG/DS9/VOY era of Rommies to be honest, what with none of the Rommies shown so far (even the faction select screen one) showing either the TNG-era uniforms, or the rather high quality slimmer STO updated ones, despite them existing in-game already and widely displayed by NPCs.
Ensign
# 27
03-21-2013, 02:37 PM
Much more tasteful looking elf. Just can't wait for it to replace the ridiculous background image on the current website.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-21-2013, 03:05 PM
It looks more like she has Vulcan ears than Romulan, maybe she's a Romulan-Vulcan hybrid?
Anyway! I like this Romulan-Elf Lady. She looks dark, tough and sort of semi-tom boy.
To me, that makes her quite great. Especially since Cryptic haven't made her over sexualised.
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
03-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daroska View Post
It looks more like she has Vulcan ears than Romulan, maybe she's a Romulan-Vulcan hybrid?
Anyway! I like this Romulan-Elf Lady. She looks dark, tough and sort of semi-tom boy.
To me, that makes her quite great. Especially since Cryptic haven't made her over sexualised.
would be nice for her to be in pair with the FED chick and augment the boobs
[
Republic Veteran
# 30
03-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
It's a faaaaaaaake!
The're real, and the're spectacular.....oh you mean her ears....yeah they are cool too.