Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,442
# 1 More BOFF powers in May?
03-24-2013, 11:02 PM
This is speculation entirely, but I wonder if May might bring some extra BOFF powers, or changes to them because of all the UI changes, along with the Romulan faction.

Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 855
# 2
03-24-2013, 11:22 PM
Sure would like to hope so.

Engineering BOffs are largely useless at Ensign level.

What happened to the days of when Mr Stahl suggested adding lower tiered version of the "Captain Powers" as BOff abilities? Attack Pattern Alpha, Sensor Scan, Miracle Worker... Where are the BOff version of these powers, Mr Stahl?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 390
# 3
03-24-2013, 11:33 PM
Same issue with tac BOs, I have a cannon gunship, I have nothing besides tac team that is useful to me at ensign level.

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 127
# 4
03-25-2013, 07:08 AM
Yes please, more skills and better coverage between ensign-commander.

some skills are totally useless while others are useful but in the wrong "rank"
Element CKY Electric

"similar to our already generous free-to-play philosophy" - Insert Keith Lemon laugh
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,759
# 5
03-25-2013, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Miracle Worker... Where are the BOff version of these powers, Mr Stahl?
I'm not sure if MW could get any worse. I would appreciate a Boff version of EPS Power Transfer and Rotate Shield Frequency though.
______________________________________
www.srs-fleet.net
U.S.S. Indefatigable
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,508
# 6
03-25-2013, 07:24 AM
I sure hope so. Engineering badly needs some new ensign skills.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 7
03-25-2013, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
Rotate Shield Frequency
Transfer Shield Strength
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,537
# 8
03-25-2013, 07:38 AM
"Customize and rearrange your existing traits. Unlock new advanced traits and abilities, further specializing your captain and crew."

- the info they've given is just vague enough to get all sorts of folks speculating about what's coming.

- will be interesting to see at what rate they dripfeed us info over the next couple of months (yeah, less than two - but close).
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 127
# 9
03-25-2013, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
"Customize and rearrange your existing traits. Unlock new advanced traits and abilities, further specializing your captain and crew."

- the info they've given is just vague enough to get all sorts of folks speculating about what's coming.

- will be interesting to see at what rate they dripfeed us info over the next couple of months (yeah, less than two - but close).
Just to make sure, skills and traits are separate entities in case you are getting the confused.

I'm glad there are new ones and with the changes to that system sounds good, but no mention of new skills (which is what we are hoping for)
Element CKY Electric

"similar to our already generous free-to-play philosophy" - Insert Keith Lemon laugh
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,537
# 10
03-25-2013, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabuboria View Post
Just to make sure, skills and traits are separate entities in case you are getting the confused.

I'm glad there are new ones and with the changes to that system sounds good, but no mention of new skills (which is what we are hoping for)
In case you missed what I quoted...

"Customize and rearrange your existing traits. Unlock new advanced traits and abilities, further specializing your captain and crew."

edit: Yeah, my original reply wasn't so nice. /cough
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin

Last edited by virusdancer; 03-25-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:29 AM.