Career Officer
# 251
03-22-2013, 06:40 AM
there are extra buildings in starfleet academy do you plan on adding things there say like federation council with a rep from each of the federation planets there even ambassadors from worlds that are trying to gain membership . it would be a great place for star trek lore or diplomatic missions to take place,with different outcomes based on choices . this would make fun dailies
Career Officer
# 252
03-22-2013, 06:45 AM
Does a Tholian reputation system mean we're going to get another currency? Wasn't the point of the dilithium transition to eliminate having loads of collectable items/ currencies/ marks? (And definitely not just to monetize it AND make people grind)
Captain
# 253
03-22-2013, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
sisko is with the prophets, and odo is with the great link in the gamma quadrant...very unlikely to see either of those characters in the game, but you never know; i never thought tasha yar would ever show up either
STO precedent already exists for chatting with both the Prophets, and the Dominion (courtesy of various missions in the 2800 arc). If the Cardassian plot is ever advanced, I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility to see either (or both) again.

Contract and IP issues aside of course.
Captain
# 254
03-22-2013, 06:48 AM
My apologies first, if my question has been asked - after a couple of pages, I started glossing - after a few pages, well - here I am.

Given the unlikelihood of seeing 60-80 Romulan ships, outside of certain special ships (or even including those); are the Romulans going to be a test bed for more modular ship design? We've heard in recent interviews about various customization methods for ships (warp cores, computers, secondary deflectors, armor slots, etc) - will that be something that we see with the Romulan ships?

After you've moved from your TOS starter BoP to a ship - you'll start with "base" gear for it. As you level, you'll have the option to upgrade to new "base" gear or purchase improved refit/retrofit gear. While each ship will maintain certain base stats, will it be akin to having three packs-in-one for each ship? You can get the free "base" Tac/Eng/Sci gear or purchase refit/retrofit Tac/Eng/Sci gear (cores, computers, bridges, etc, etc, etc)...?
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Survivor of Romulus
# 255
03-22-2013, 06:49 AM
Quote:
sisko is with the prophets, and odo is with the great link in the gamma quadrant...very unlikely to see either of those characters in the game, but you never know; i never thought tasha yar would ever show up either
Actually, Sisko has since returned from the Prophets through the novels. Soft canon, I know, but some things in STO to refer to soft canon.
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Fleet Commander maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

Rihannsu
# 256
03-22-2013, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravin View Post
Actually, Sisko has since returned from the Prophets through the novels. Soft canon, I know, but some things in STO to refer to soft canon.
if you're talking about the vesta, that's the ONLY part of destiny in the game, and only because so many players kept begging for it; it took cryptic a long time negotiating for the rights to put even that little bit in the game
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
Klingons use bathtubs as a severe form punishment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkirkfan View Post
"You sniveling petaQ!!! If you are late for your shift one more time, you will spend two hours in the bathtub!!."

"WITH SOAP!!"
Captain
# 257
03-22-2013, 06:53 AM
I was glad one of my questions was brought up in the last round however the host did not read my question but rather summarized and interpreted it...and this meant the answer I received was not to what I asked.

So I will ask it again:

1) Lobi. If cryptic is unwilling to bind it to acount could to prevent farming of the once a year freebie event... could you please at the very least provide an alternate means of shifting the lobi items?

For example:

Lobi items already purchased (aka, ferengi rockets) can be packaged up in a bound-to-account box through the ferengi collector at a high cost in dilithium as well as having the option to have them refunded through the collector at a very high cost in latinum.

This would enable players to at least be able to make use of this currency item for the characters that need them. There would be no farming this way since there is a high cost in two different currencies to do it plus it would allow players to finally use the lobi that is left idle in multiple characters and use the lobi items in the characters that need them.

Other questions:

2) B'rel Fleet vs Cstore B'rel. Will there be any modifications to the cstore B'rel? Cstore purchasers are getting shafted as fleet version purchases has everything the b'rel cstore has and more.

Suggestion: Add a console to the cstore b'rel. Synergize with the enhanced cloak: During ambush (de-cloak effect) the B'rel will have no shared timer between its torpedoes and mines. This enables a quick fire of torps and removes issues like lag, 'lost packet' clicks where you click to fire but it doesnt and it makes the B'rel cstore worthy of purchasing and transfering its console to the fleet version.

3) Could we please have the saucer model of the Venture class (if you own it) available for the Nebula class starships?

4) Will the low tier KDF ships like the K'tanco be given a fleet version? When?

5) If anything, answer #1 and this question: Is there the possibility of cryptic making a 'submit your idea' contest where cryptic selects the topic (for example, 'interface improvement') and players can submit modified screenshots/artwork or written descriptions which can potentially be included into the game?

Think of it as crowdsourcing solutions while at the same time getting feedback and finding out issues you may not have been aware of.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Survivor of Romulus
# 258
03-22-2013, 06:55 AM
Quote:
if you're talking about the vesta, that's the ONLY part of destiny in the game, and only because so many players kept begging for it; it took cryptic a long time negotiating for the rights to put even that little bit in the game
And the Luna class...
Fleet Commander maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

Career Officer
# 259
03-22-2013, 06:56 AM
Is there any update on the crafting update?
Rihannsu
# 260
03-22-2013, 06:58 AM
As extremely excited I am about the new faction, I just finished the Fed missions and I want to know what happens next. Will we see new Federation and Klingon missions?