Career Officer
# 331
03-22-2013, 01:25 PM
For awhile now we have heard how the tech that will be added after the release of Neverwinter will expand what can be done with STO. I was wondering if you would be able to "spill the beans" on a few of these planned improvements (possibly native Linux support)?
Career Officer
# 332
03-22-2013, 01:36 PM
1: For a long time now, DSE maps have been severely bugged (I like to call this one the White Cloud of Lag). It's been posted on the forums many a time, bug reports have been submitted, and the devs have said they're aware of it. Why has this not been fixed? It's one of two bugs with the Red Alerts that make them unplayable (the other is the bug that makes you spawn into an empty map - that needs fixing, too).

2: A while back, when you released the Bortasqu', you added an "Immunity to Teleport" stat to several abilities, including AP:O. This stat, however, seems to make players immune to almost ALL forms of Crowd Control (especially tractor beams). So, this question is two fold: A) Is this "working as intended" or is this a bug? B) When will we see it removed, so it only affects Teleport? It makes AP:O way too powerful. If it's a bug, it needs fixing. If it's intentional, it was a bad call.

3: Crew in this game is pretty much useless, since no one sits there and waits for innate healing. And, since the healing is so low, it doesn't matter. What ways have you thought about to make Crew worth it, or would you be open to suggestions?

4: In a recent interview (and later on the STO forums), Geko effectively said that you're not going to balance the game so that you can sell more (that was at least the impression he gave). Since this would inevitably be the death of the game and CERTAINLY bad for sales in the long-term, when will we see a major balance pass for this game?

5: It might be a LITTLE early to ask this particular question, but when might we see LoR on TRIBBLE? I'd hope that an update so big would go through extensive testing (like CE is now) before going in, to make sure it's not game-breaking.

6: Will the Romulan Republic have their own Sector Block (Like the Feds have in Sirius and the KDF does in Omega Leonis)? What is the name of the Republic's new Capitol World?

7: Tour the Galaxy is one of my favorite events, and is a major boon of EC gain in the game. Will we see anything similar to this anytime soon?
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Career Officer
# 333
03-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Are there plans to add new story missions involving the Undine, especially within the story arcs for the Klingon and upcoming Romulan factions? Considering the backstory for the game involves the Undine infiltrating practically everyone, and the Klingons are supposedly looking for them, it seems odd that Klingon players don't face the Undine until the last two story-arc missions.

Any plans to add the insignia (and ranks) from the TNG episode Future Imperfect to the costume choices?
Ensign
# 334 Romulus Faction
03-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Why I can?t play with a Romulus faction, I only have 2 options: Federations or Klingon, but nothing about Romulus...???
Lieutenant
# 335
03-22-2013, 02:23 PM
The upgrades for the older C-Store ships are coming before may?
Captain
# 336
03-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by belvic View Post
Why I can?t play with a Romulus faction, I only have 2 options: Federations or Klingon, but nothing about Romulus...???
The Romulan Faction is for the May Update. The countdown was for the official announcement of the May Update, not for the update itself. You will be able to play as a Romulan on May 21st. As it says on the teaser site.
Survivor of Romulus
# 337
03-22-2013, 02:39 PM
3 simple Questions
1, will there be more Elite versions of missions added?
to me and meny people in my fleets, there the only real end game content make easy version for pugs and add more Elite versions for us, that have got the Elite team commander accolade please

know this one wont get answered but ill ask any way
2, will the dev team make a real effort at fixing bugs over the next 2 months or are u just going to keep adding small things that will probably add more bugs?

3 i love the mine trap mission but im so sick of AFKers im not doing it any more, are u working on a fix for this?
the last straw for me was a player with the same game name as Al Rivera CaptainGeko (ok his was spelled a little diffrent) and when i said i was reporting him he put Chill out im on the forms why join a mission if your going to AFK and cheack the forms out ill neaver know.
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Survivor of Romulus
# 338
03-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by belvic View Post
lmao learn to read new rom faction is not out to may
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Career Officer
# 339
03-22-2013, 02:54 PM
What's May going to do for PVP?
Empire Veteran
# 340
03-22-2013, 02:59 PM
I have 2 questions.

1) When will we see a fleet version of the Galaxy-X(dreadnought cruiser)?

2) When will we see saucer separation for the Galaxy-X?
The Emperor

Do not presume to have the capability to understand me for you see, I simply am.
Closed Thread